1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Can Still Win This Series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Apr 24, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

of course we can, in theory. jb stops being jb. but we live in the real world where jb will always be jb and make sweet love to brewer in the showers while everyone else gathers their things quickly and goes to the car so they can shower at home instead.

if he cared about his job he would've gave all the players a chance in dec/jan. instead he went with "the vets". good stuff, barely made the playoffs that way.

2. CertifiedTroll

Mods, please add [Stay Calm] to the title so we can remember that we will still get a ring this year. Thanks!

3. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Series is over. They have beaten us without Curry basically twice. It also took them having a pretty bad game in Game 3 for us to win. We aren't about to win in GS twice.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Got your Vicodin script refilled didn't you.

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

But a reporter thinks we need 3 more floods to win the series?

(Just joking, no bad intention)

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

the worst thread I have seen

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Most people see what they want to see when watching the game . If golden state hits a 3 they think , how can we let them do that they are wide open !?!?! When in reality a lot of those threes they hit ( especially before the 4th ) were well guarded shots . Sometimes a team just gets hot and makes them . That is GS' modus operandi . We tried matching then by taking 3's that weren't in the flow of offense and the game blew out of reach .

We played very well in the first half .

Riddle me this ? How in the first half was the game tied after we went 2/13 from 3 and GS went like 9/20 ? It's becuase we were destroying them inside and on the glass . Even with dumb turnovers and having more TO's that GS we were tied . This is with curry playing , green playing , Thompson making tough contested threes.

We really gave them a great fight in the first half and our spirits broke when they started bombing threes on us in the 3rd . We lost our will to fight , especially given our inability to hit a shot . Sure you can blame the coach blame James saying they need to step up and lead , but given that situation in the moment how many of you would have been able to step up ? I'm not saying hey are blameless , but I'm saying they are human . And given our level of fight during the first half can I really say this team has packed it in ?

I don't know ? But if we fight as had as we did that first half we can still win this series . The opportunity is golden . Curry is out and if he comes back at any point will likely be limited . Yes Beverley is also out . Terry has been ineffective . I think JB will try KJ and see what happens . If Dwight and Dmo can step it up and win inside we have a shot . And down 3-1 the fact that we still have a shot is incredible .

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Songs the Rockets must listen to before game five.
    No easy way out, no short cut home...Rocky 4
    Your the best around no one is gonna take you down..karate kid
    Your gonna win in the end....... Teen Wolf

9. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Don't you think that'll depend on the outcome of tonight's Clippers v. Trailblazers game? If Portland ties the series, I think the Warriors try to close out the Rockets in Game 5. But if the Clippers take a commanding 3-1 lead, they've got to consider stretching this Rockets series a few games to give Steph time to get better.

10. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Actually thought you were serious until this

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Terrence Jones kicked ass last year. He will again. Gonna happen.

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

One win at a time! Shock the world baby!

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I

I believe

I believe that

I believe that we will win!

I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

JB is going to be a great coach one day.

He has it in him.

This team is to blame. Lack of effort and discipline. You can only do so much when your superstar players don't give superstar effort night in and out.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

...one last time!!

[​IMG]

#GoRockets

17. pippsux

pippsux Member

Nope
    We need to be done with the season
    Clean house!!!!!