1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bravo to playoff lin, that's 2 games. when will wayoff lin return??

2. theangrycanary

cherry picking statistics

lin's a solid piece. Everyone in the world admits it. He just isn't 'big three' material.

Neither is Dragic apparently.

And frankly... I'm beginning to wonder about lowry. Like... wth is with him in these playoffs?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

avoid talking to rookies, they are rookifed for a reason.

4. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

as a second or third option in the team, seldom a primary ball handler.

5. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Miami's coach just said Lin is a great player.

6. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Kemba said Lin is one of the best attacking the rim. Their coach Steve Clifford can't agree more.

7. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Joe Johnson said they have tried everything to slow Lin down, but Lin still score at will.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Lof stop spamming and replying to yourself

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Spoelstra is Asian and a LOF

10. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

APRIL 25, 2016 11:14 PM

Jeremy Lin’s ability to drive one of the keys in Hornets’ victory

Kemba Walker sat next to fellow guard Jeremy Lin on Monday night after the Charlotte Hornets’ Game 4 playoff victory for the second straight game.

Walker didn’t look to his left at Lin when he called him one of the best in the league at getting into the lane, because Walker didn’t have to.

Lin knows it.

Lin penetrated the Miami Heat defense time and again in the Hornets’ 89-85 victory that tied the Eastern Conference series 2-2. He scored 21 points – all off the bench – and was the second-leading scorer behind only Walker.

“The way they’re playing, if you can’t drive the ball, you’re literally going to have to take contested shot after contested shot,” Hornets coach Steve Clifford said. “They’re going to take the 3 away. And (Lin’s) great strength, or one of them, is his ability to drive the ball in the paint, which is critical, particularly in this series.”

Miami has effectively taken the 3-pointer from the Hornets, who lived behind the arc throughout the season. The Heat was successful in that plan in the first two games but has failed at it in the two contests in Charlotte.

As Miami forward Joe Johnson put it, the Hornets were able to get into the teeth of the Heat’s defense. The main culprit was Lin, who took a game-high nine attempts from the free-throw line.

“Man, it’s very frustrating,” Johnson said of Lin’s driving. “We’re trying everything possible as far as keeping him in front and guys going straight up and trying not to foul. But obviously officials see it another way.”

Miami center Hassan Whiteside was at a loss for words on how well Lin draws fouls.

“You’ve just got to watch out for him, because he likes to throw his arms into people and likes to pump fake and get to the free throw line,” Whiteside said. “You’ve got to basically, I don’t know, man. I really don’t. I don’t even have an answer for it. I don’t know.”

Though Lin finished tied with his career high in points in a postseason game, it was the damage he did in the first half that Clifford said kept the home team in the game.

Lin had 11 points on 3-of-5 shooting, and he made all five of his first-half free-throw attempts.

“I was just trying to come in and bring energy,” Lin said. “Coming off the bench is definitely different. If you don’t bring it, you probably won’t play the rest of the half, and that’s just part of being a bench player. So any time I come in, I try to pick up the speed a little bit. I felt like our team needed a little bit of energy, and I did that. Thankfully, I got to the line a few times and was able to calm me down and get my rhythm.”

But Monday night wasn’t all about slicing into the lane and drawing a foul. Even as the Heat took away most of Charlotte’s good 3-point looks, Lin was still able to find one in the fourth quarter.

Four minutes into the final quarter, Lin took a shot that banked in off the glass. He ran back down the court and offered a shrug similar to the one the team’s owner, Michael Jordan, once gave in 1992.

“No, no. I didn’t even think about that until after the game when they said that,” Lin said. “That was just – me and Kemba were talking about it – it was ‘Angels in the Outfield,’ blessing from God. That shot, when I let it go, I was like there’s no chance it’s going in. And it went in. So thank God.”

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Comments like these, as a Christian, makes Lin such a likeable guy. Dude is so genuine, a Christian through and through...

1 person likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

What? Which Christian tenet did I miss? Is this the church of the early-eve Basketbal apostles?

What's going on with this idea that god will steer a basketball into a rim just because you believe? So every time a person misses it's because God is mad at him?

Seriously disturbing ideas about religion here.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That dude's posts in this thread outnumber everything else he posts in. Its weird as hell.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

There are lots of Christians in the nba.

That's not the reason for krxsnoopys fandom

16. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Lin is a scrub. only 33% from 3, and had 3 TO. Played only 34 mins while the stars on the team played > 40 mins.

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

It's time for someposters here to look into the Christian Post to get ammunition to discredit Lin 's great game.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL.

Look over the last couple of pages, I haven't said anything about Lin.

That doesn't mean its weird and creepy to fap to some weird fantasy about his "good values".

Nobody even discredited Lin, we were just talking about a poster.

Leave it to some posters to turn any criticism into something about Lin. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  19. krnxsnoopy

Only person fapping is you, posting lotion and kleenex. Lollll where did that come from? How did you get something sexual from THAT? LOH dumb dumb. Here come the LOHS, can't say anything bad about Lin's game today so they go around attacking posters. LOL typical Salty LOHs.

20. krnxsnoopy

There's alot of reasons I like Lin

There's alot of reason I don't like you. Tinsatan being one of them