1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mkahanek, Apr 24, 2016.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

You know. Bad seasons happen. Part of the game. I am sure the Spurs did not expect a first round exit last year. Memphis this year. I accept that the rockets were just not a good team this year. There are many reasons we can point to. Bad coaching. No floor leadership. Bad game plan given our players strengths vs weaknesses. Whatever. Complete write off.

But, what now? What is the future viability of this team. D12 gone. Trade Brewer for a flat coke. Jet retires. Do any players or coaches want to come here? Rox have swung and missed at a few big names. Is that just luck of the draw? Hell even Josh chose less to go to LA. Houston is a big city. No state income tax, you could buy a freaking estate at our housing price level. Mild winters. Yet D12 is the only free agent I can remember in a while CHOOSING to come here.

Is there something about this team that repels players? Do we have a bad reputation in inner circles?

As a fan I am concerned if we will have a reason to think this team will be a championship caliber team in the foreseable future.

I felt like I waited a long time after the Rox lost 4-2 to the celts in 86. But always felt we could do it with dream. But now it has been a REALLY long time.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Spurs have had a .600 or better record for 19 straight years, and made the playoffs in all of them and have 5 championships.

NINETEEN YEARS!!!

We have a total of 3 playoff series wins during that time - talk about bottoming out.

DD

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The future...clone Hakeem, Horry, Malone, Lucas, and a few others.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The future... Is bleak.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Harden's favorite rapper???

6. Houston79Astro

A good coach and a fine polishing of the roster will do the trick. Don't buy your train ticket to "blow it up city" just yet.

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

A season without Terry, Jones, Brewer, and Lawson is a bright future :cool:

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

And that coach I won't dignify by saying his name

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/exjgZ-a399o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bring in a new coach. Clean house. Aim for the fences with free agents. If we can hit .300 on big named free agents, we are going to be back to where we want. Durant, Barnes, Conley, Horford, Howard (i'd consider this the longest shot and probably best to move on.), and Whiteside. We get two of these guys and add additional complimentary players we are in a good position. This year was bad, but Morey consistently tinkered with this team with 2016-17 in mind. If it doesn't work out next season, then I'd begin to worry about the future.

Next Year slogan. #newlevel

10. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

yes I know who

lJeff VanGundy

11. jogo

jogo Member

I go with this line of thinking. Get a coach, lose some of the deadweight players, and we're okay next year. Make no mistake, it's going to be hard to get past GS or SA no matter what happens in the offseason.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

1. Fire Morey, then hire a smart GM
    2. Hire a good coach, a real coach who can actually COACH.
    3. Trade James Harden to the Lakers for their 2016 draft pick and D'Angelo Russell.
    4. Let Howard and everyone else go.
    5. Reboot the team and don't make the same mistake they did by getting a player like James Harden.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The future is to CLean house top to bottom

Fire JBB - Definitely
    Fire the entire coaching staff, Finch, Dunn etc - Definitely
    Fire Keith Jones = Definitely
    Dump Sam Deker - Absolutely, definitely
    Fire Mauri - A bit of uncertainty because of Le$

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

With a proper coach, Harden/Beasley combo can be very dangerous if used correctly. Add better role players to replace brewer, terry, maybe even ariza. Let capela run the C. get a back up C. let JVG take over

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am keeping my mind open on Beasley. IF he screwed his head on straight, there is our lost first round pick.

17. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Fire GM first to send a message to the rest of the team
    Fire the Coach

Cut drop
    Ariza
    Brewer
    Jones

ASAP

I know Ariza Brewer and Terry have no trade value just cut them

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If they didn't get the message when McHale was fired what makes you think firing someone else make them see the light.

T_Man

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

LMAO the future is actually bright for the Rockets, thanks in large part to DM convincing Ty Lawson to drop the guaranteed 12M in his contract. If we have 12M to Lawson combined with 7M to Brewer then it would really be bottoming out.

Everything will depend on who the new coach is and what happens in FA. We're gonna have to wait and see what happens first before we talk about how good or bad the Rox will be.

With space for 1 or even possibly 2 max FAs though in addition to Harden only numbnuts can't see the potential in that opportunity.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Spurs make everyone look bad if you love them so much just be a Spurs fan bro.