1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/24/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2016.

1. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

The rosters was capabale of winning a championship. Perhaps a consistent bench scorer away from really being able to match the top teams. They just didnt have the cohesiveness. Poor mental approach. No expectation. This team was just not coached well plain and simple.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Les probably thought about the money generated from hosting 2 home games against the defending champs.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah, guess what Morey: you do need good shooters and a coach does contribute to wins and losses..

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't remember it happening in the playoffs, but it's happened all the time this season. I don't remember a Rocket team blatantly quit this many times in the regular season either, by far the most disappointing effort throughout a season that I've witnessed.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Need the playoff revenue to offset the luxury tax. I see no other possible explanation.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is exactly it. The Rockets had everything go their way in the first half but still ended up tied. So many unforced errors in the first half.

Thompson was due for an outburst, and if the Rockets had some cushion, they might have at least been able to keep it close in the 3rd quarter.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Probably true - unfortunately - we are a bottom line org.

DD

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They aren't on the roster. Now what?

9. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

I dunno. I still think it was the Rockets biggest mistake this year was to change coach mid-season especially with a team that just didnt have any cohesion to start off the season. They should of waited to then of the season to fire him.

Reminds me of Rick Adelmans first year. Really rough start but they came back to win 22 in a row. season is 82 games - its a long journet. you've got to grind it out and be patient. Team took the easy way out ths season and they get what they deserve now

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Draymond:

Motiejunas started talking to me. That helped too.

Our offense is built on ball-movement-player-movement. It creates rhythm. The shots are easier.

Expand on what Motiejunas said?

What's on the court stays on the court. He's talking. Everyone saw him talking. What we do on the court, it stays out there. It got me going for sure. I'm a competitor. I grew up in Saginaw. You can't play if you don't talk junk. That's why I am who I am. The way he was talking, it lighted a fire. I accept the challenge. Gotta respect the fire though.

(Game 5) Clippers were up 3-1 on them. We gotta come out & take the game. It won't be easy and Steph probably won't be playing. They've been here and proven otherwise. We gotta get it done.

11. DaDakota

If that is the case you fire the GM for building a crappy roster.

But, KJ plays hard, Harrel plays hard, there are guys that will play hard....

DD

12. for-three

for-three Member

I had a feeling the game was over before the 2nd half even started. The Rockets basically went for the knockout punch, only to end up with a tied game and everyone being gassed out. Such a wasted opportunity not to build a lead in that situation, they had multiple chances to take full control of the game. I mean how many easy fast-break baskets did they miss out on turning the ball over with careless passes? Not to mention all the wide open threes they continued to brick.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Honestly after green and Klay hit 5 threes combined in a 3 min span to start the 3rd I think the whole team saw The writing on the wall.

To many missed oppurtunities we had 17 Tornovers midway thru the 3rd and most of them were us trying to hit either dmo or howard on the break which was freakin stupid. Yes they look good when they work but it's the playoffs you have to value each possesion.

Honestly the rockets should have been up 10+ going into halftime but could not capitalize on all the easy looks and had way to many TOs.

If we hit 10 threes and turn it over half of what we had its a close game going into the finals minutes of the game.

Rockets just plain need better players. I don't see how anyone on this site can keep saying this is a talented team, We're just not. We have a superstar guard a pretty good center and the rest of the team are bench players.

Guys like dmo/bev/ariza/beasley are nice pieces if they make up your bench, Not 3 of them starting. You can get away with one starting that's it but just can't have 3 guys with that talent level in the starting kinup and to make it worse if their starting then your bench is bad.

I think we need to seriously bring back howard because without him this team is going to be really bad. When you think of all the talented players we have our right cut over the years (damare carrol, Hassan whiteside, Sean Livingston, jermey lin) that's on MOREY and the coaches. At some point you have to hit on those type of guys and we just haven't.

This is a big offseason I want KD but the odds of him is slim but we have a lot of cap space they better go out and get some impact players.

Hardem/howard/beasley/bev are the only guys that should be kept because of their play and contracts. Everyone else needs to go.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Warriors got hot from 3. Live by the 3 die by the 3. Hoping they are not hot on Wednesday and the Rockets can come back and get the W in Golden State. Anything can happen as we have seen thus far. Hoping Beverley can play on Wednesday.

15. DaDakota

They got hot because our guys stopped CONTESTING them.

DD

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I generally agree with your points, but we accomplished so much more last season with the same talent. It's hard for me to believe that every single player on this team got significantly worse over the summer. We had turnover problems last season and were still able to win 57 games due to our defense and competitiveness. Neither of those qualities have shown up AT ALL this season whatsoever. We were blatantly quitting games five games into the season. This season was lost before it even began in training camp.

This team should be better, we had enough talent this season to win 50+ games. At the same time, we have the same problems this season that we did last season - not enough offensive talent around James. A major roster overhaul is in order, but an excellent coach will do more to improve the team than any roster move will (outside of somehow managing to get KD of course).

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry : &quot;They wanted the game. We didn't and they won it. &quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/724373897148162048">April 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. rocketsmetalspd

They did on the first couple of 3s the Warriors just got hot.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets lost by 30 though.

Warriors dropped a run of 20-point-diff in 3 minutes.

The mental devastation of losing a 10 point, then being down 10 is no different from 0 to 20.

Momentum has set. Rockets still lose by 20.

20. rocketsmetalspd

I Like Terry but he once again is being asked to play too many minutes.