1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/24/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Perhaps the word you're looking for is 'homosexuality'? No matter how questionable Steph's fashion sense may be, I am pretty sure clothing choices are not the cause of sexual orientation.

1 person likes this.
  2. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

If Beasley/Harden combines for around 60 points, high chance this would be a close game/win for Houston. But knowing JBB, I have the inner fear thinking Beasley would only play 3 mins, he'll bench JSmoove even if his shot is on, etc etc.

Go Rockets! Getting a guaranteed game 6 is a decent accomplishment whatever the circumstances are. Now who knows what could happen!

3. rocketsmetalspd

This has to be the biggest game so far of the playoffs. Rockets were a guarantee sweep by most in the media but now if they lose it will be because Curry is back and the Warrriors are still the greatest. I am hoping the Rockets to disappoint the media and so call experts one more time. Go Rockets!!

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It actually is a big game for the Warriors. The last thing they want is an extended series with the Rockets, especially with Curry's ankle situation.

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

I'm guessing you are a homo-ist?!

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

If you haven't notice, I like inventing words :cool:

Clothing isn't the cause, it's the effect.

Now, that doesn't mean everyone who likes the style is homo, but it does look gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

As long as people live by the Golden Rule, I have no beef with anyone.

7. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

The fashion trend has changed a lot in the past 5 years or so, and the clothing choices you call 'homo' is not considered as such anymore. I've noticed that many young guys these days like to where stylish and fitting clothes more than ever before, also US is pretty late to the party as this fashion trend has been popular in Europe and East Asia for quite some time now.

I'm not very fond of tight jeans and v-neck t-shirts myself, but if I had to choose between that and the ugly-ass sagging pants combined with a wife beater that black guys used to wear to show off how 'gangsta' they are, I'd go with the former all day.

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

if we can take them to game 7, I'd be happy. Win or lose

9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Let's be relentless attacking the rim, put the pressure on the refs and keep attacking. All I ask today is a good effort, rest takes care of itself.

10. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Can we keep all homophobic and racist comments out of GARM?

11. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Nothing homophobic or racist about it, I'm saying the fashion trend has changed in the right direction IMO, and the comment on 'gansta' fashion is basically in line with the current NBA policy on dress codes.

There's a reason why David Stern has mandated NBA players to wear suits while appearing in public instead of sagging pants, because most of the players used to dress like criminals back in the 90s all the way to the 2000s and gave off the wrong impression that somehow that's how successful athletes should dress and behave. Nothing racial about that, if a white guy or an asian guy acted or dressed like that, I'd say exactly the same thing.

12. hvic

hvic Member

Win or lose if the rockets come out today and play hard. I will be happy

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I have to work and can't watch the game. If we win I'm gonna quit me job tho

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets will greet Curry with offensive twists
    Bickerstaff to disguise Harden's role, utilize Howard to dominate in paint in giving Rockets' offense new twist

By Jonathan FeigenApril 23, 2016

In Thursday's victory over the Warriors that cut the NBA champions' series lead in half, the Rockets went to center Dwight Howard in the paint, where he got position on Festus Ezeli, below, and Andrew Bogut for high-percentage shots. Photo: Michael Ciaglo, Staff / © 2016 Houston Chronicle Photo: Michael Ciaglo, Staff In Thursday's victory over the Warriors that cut the NBA champions' series lead in half, the Rockets went to center Dwight Howard in the paint, where he got position on Festus Ezeli, below, and Andrew Bogut for high-percentage shots.
    Golden State will make the best playoff adjustment of all.

The Warriors will move guard Stephen Curry from the locker room to the court and seek to take advantage of everything that comes from his offensive genius, from his production to the way his shooting range stretches defenses to the breaking point.

The Rockets made adjustments. They were more subtle and far less celebrated. They brought only mixed results in Game 3. But they could be as vital.

The Rockets are unlikely to often beat the Warriors while shooting 39.1 percent, as they did Thursday, especially with Curry returning Sunday to the NBA's most prolific offense and rejoining a team that has not lost consecutive games since the celebrations last season.

The Rockets held the Warriors in check to get their Game 3 win and will have to defend with at least that much tenacity. But there is a sense the Rockets cannot rely on winning with double-digit scoring.

Shots are there

They believe they won't have to.

"The shots we were getting, we had open looks from guys," interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "We missed shots. We need to continue to play that way, the way we created those shots, and they'll go. Our guys are too good of shooters for it not to."

ROCKETS

Thunder topple Mavs to grab 3-1 lead in testy series Warriors point guard Stephen Curry takes aim during practice at Toyota Center as he hones his shot as well as testing his sprained ankle. It's all systems go for him to play in Game 4 against the Rockets. Warriors' Stephen Curry gears up to play in Game 4 In Thursday's victory over the Warriors that cut the NBA champions' series lead in half, the Rockets went to center Dwight Howard in the paint, where he got position on Festus Ezeli, below, and Andrew Bogut for high-percentage shots. Rockets will greet Curry with offensive twists The Rockets' Donatas Motiejunas, center, had 14 points and 13 rebounds in Game 3 on Thursday. Rockets report: Donatas Motiejunas gives coach offensive option Houston Rockets guard James Harden (13) reacts after his basket with Donatas Motiejunas (20) during the second half in game three of a first-round NBA playoffs series at Toyota Center, Thursday, April 21, 2016, in Houston. Donatas Motiejunas vital to Rockets' playoff success
    The Rockets missed open looks, making just 8-of-28 uncontested 3-pointers (21.1 percent) and hitting 30.6 percent of their 3s overall. But they believe the adjustments to their offense worked.

"Those are shots we will make," guard Pat Beverley said. "Those are shots we have to continue to take.

"We had a lot of open shots that we didn't convert, but just our aggression on the attack, making plays for the next person, it really showed in Game 3."

They looked to Dwight Howard deep in the paint when he was able to beat Andrew Bogut to his spot. For a second straight game, the Rockets often posted up Donatas Motiejunas.

Harden on the move

Most of all, the Rockets more often started their offense with James Harden off the ball and out of the line of fire of the defense.

"We got away from a bunch of pick-and-rolls," Bickerstaff said. "We got him the ball off of movement. We got him the ball off different spots on the floor. He was able to create without the extra traffic. We'll continue to do that. We'll put him in different places, move him around, make them have to find him a little more instead of them knowing he is standing at the top of the floor.

"In pick-and-roll, they were putting bodies on him, sometimes sending three guys to him. Draymond Green does a good job being in the help spot and going to find the ball.

"We put him in spots it would take a little longer for the double-team to get there. Or, if you do double-team, there are quicker, easier outlets for him to guys who can knock down shots."

Harden had 35 points with nine assists, even while going 4-of-14 on 3-point tries. He remained the key to the offense. His usage rate, the percentage of possessions he used, was 32.2 percent, more than in the first two games.

But the Rockets' scoring was balanced, with the offense moving more smoothly with Harden not having to handle the ball for as long on each possession to create shots for himself and around him.

"It allows other guys to make a play to get confidence up, especially early in the game like that," Harden said of the adjustment. "You have to find different ways to attack this team. They're a good team. Guys like Patrick and Trevor (Ariza), get them going early along with the big fella (Howard), it gives them confidence and we ride that wave the entire game.

"Through the regular season, you see different defenses. You just have to watch film. You have to figure out how are you most effective on whatever defense they play and just do it whether you make shots or are missing. Just figure it out and be aggressive."

Harden said the Warriors' defense has not been different from schemes used against him this season, but the Warriors have been effective when switching and sending bodies to cut off his drives.

Changing their ways

He adjusted in Game 3. The Rockets misfired but came away encouraged with the opportunities, especially because at least in that game, they got away with it and won.

"The last game was a sign of that evolution, the ability to not be so stuck in your ways that you don't make adjustments," Bickerstaff said. "He's watching how they're playing him. They're trying not to foul him. They're double-teaming him, triple-teaming him in pick-and-roll. He found another way to be effective."

The Warriors have found another way, too, bringing back the league's leading scorer. Not having that option, the Rockets used the second-leading scorer differently in search for the scoring they will need.

15. rockets13champs

Why do we give out game plan to media they can easily tell the warriors

16. arjun

arjun Member

lol, i don't think the warriors need a houston chronicle article to anticipate what the rockets are going to do..

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Because when you got swag it don't even matta. They can know what's coming, don't mean they can stop it.

1 person likes this.
  18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

If we can get it to Game 6, I'll be happy.

If we get it to a Game 7, I want to win it all and mad if we lost.

19. mockster

mockster Member

Dmo big big minutes

Get it to dwight early n often

Beasley needs bearly 30 minutes he's literalky the obnly other player that can create his own shot and score in bunches

Josh smith should get more minutes, he was hitting his threes in game 2.

Do no play brewer ever

Bring in terry again maybe kJ for some energy

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y8-s962O2PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>