1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone catch howard's reaction , when harden scored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rx1991, Apr 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

You know what i feel like the rest of the team because the whole second half became the harden iso show. I like harden but playing that way go the warriors back in the game. We were killing them with the ball movement and penetration and lops to howard then we went away from it. WHY? because harden wanted to get going and play his iso ball or dribble dribble pass with 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

2. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

This. This whole thread is just silly.

3. MattM

MattM Member

If you believe he was not happy with the game winner based on that video and the subsequent media BS, then you should have your head checked. I had a similar reaction. They almost coughed up the game. He looked relieved, but had a guarded reaction due to the situation.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same for Harden, he pushed off Dmo and the celebration - seems he was pissed that Ariza turned it over with that lame pass.

DD

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was jumping up and down like Capela did and saw that camera sweep over the bench and I was like: What the heck are they so mad at?

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Totally agree that they were not cheering...BUT the game wasn't over! Hell, don't tell me all of you thought we won with that shot. 2.7 seconds left with the ball on their side of the court and a ****-ton of shooters who let it fly...it wasn't the time to celebrate like we just won the game.

I was nervous as hell as well! Plus I was still pissed that our idiot coach didn't draw up a decent inbounds play or huddle the team during the review and then burned a precious timeout ONLY to have the team still screw up the inbounds and almost make us lose.

I don't fault the guys for being a bit stoic. Even James didn't want to celebrate the shot

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's called semi-relief at not choking...but they still might.

The game was in hand. It they scored that bucket after being down 17, they would be cheering, but after blowing the lead, they are in "oh F we better not lose this or it is going to be bad"

I mean look at Harden afterwards, he is about to celebrate and then thinks better of it, and pushes DMO away when he comes to congratulate him. They all know there is nothing to celebrate yet. Why can't our fans understand this?

#87 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone catch the over reaction to Howard's reaction when Harden scored?

I'm participating in it, right now!

Howard pumped his fist in sign of positive celebration. Like others they didn't want to celebrate too early and had a right to still be nervous.

During game 3 Howard played with heart, and he played well. I don't think he'd want that to be for a loss.

Obviously people will read whatever they want into his reaction, but more than being based on Howard's actual thoughts, it's based on their own preconceived attitude about Howard.

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I think so too and knowing that there were still 2.6 seconds left I wasn't celebrating much either with the way this season is going I didn't expect Draymond to dribble off his foot like that. I expected a Damian Lillard-esque buzzer beater and I am sure Dwight and the rest of the crew did too.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I was just prepping myself for a GW GS 3 for the win and couldn't celebrate at all with a clenched buttocks, just like I am guessing d12 and the rest of bench mob was doing...:mad:

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This.

Jones and Brewer, I don't know what they were doing. Dwight did pump his fist and Dmo was jumping up and down like a kid

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

He's not celebrating because there was still time left on the clock and with the Warriors, 3 seconds is a lifetime to get a shot off...

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

on a team full of vets, why would they jump around for joy. You just came a few seconds away from losing in a game you were winning 99% of the time with 2 seconds left against a historic team. Even Harden isn't even doing anything and pushes Dmo away bc he knows its not over yet. Only guys over celebrating are ones who haven't been in this position before which is understandable. Just plain dumb to the people trying to analyze these "reactions"

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lame thread. Those guys were locked in finishing the game. I'd like to see more stuff like that,a ctually.

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

We almost lost the game on the prior possession in the most jarring way possible...My reaction was similar

16. ibm

ibm Member

the first inbound pass by ariza was so ridiculous that i actually laughed when gsw scored.

then harden scored and i was like, yay, beat those dirty arses. i was pounding the table but still sorta holding my breath.

and then green dribbled off of his own foot, i laughed so hard and didnt even see ariza throwing the ball towards our own basket.

was still laughing a bit after the game was over. :)

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

1. Howard did pump his fist, but realized there was time on the clock.
    2. Tjones had just finished pumping his fist if you look closely at the start of the video, he too realized there was time.
    3. Brewer clapped while realizing it wasn't over.
    4. Dmo got crazy and Harden had to tell him to chill as it was not over.
    5. Capela is young and went crazy. Nothing to see here, stop falling for tricks by the media to hate OUR TEAM.
    LOCK IT UP CLUTCH

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dwight was like
    [​IMG]

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I saw it the same way but fighting the negativity on this board is just not worth the time. People make up what they want to see all season long. In this occasion their butt cheeks were squeezed tight and didn't celebrate because the game wasn't over, that's why.

20. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Like people are saying. We would have chewed him out for over-celebrating with over 2 seconds left and GS happens to hit a game winner. Shouldn't the right mindset be: "go through the timeout, prepare to defend like mad for 3 seconds?"