1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Ive been beating the drum of Rondo and Perkins. Both should be fairly cheap. Rondo can't shoot, that's literally his only drawback. That and he's a jerk. Outside of that he's clearly a ball dominant guard which is also a downside since that's taking the ball out of Harden's hands. As for his BBIQ, he's a brilliant mind. It was showcased earlier in the year when he had Boogie guard a corner that had no one in it and that decision aided the Kings to victory.

Getting him though would also mean Harden is going to have to get better at off the ball movement. This is weird situation. Surely it could bring his game to another level, like Redick and those curls he does. However he's lazy so he probably doesn't want to do that.

As far as Perkins goes, he's a veteran and a jerk.
    Rondo/Harden/Ariza/Dmo/Howard
    Looks decent. But I mean Lawson looked good on paper too lol

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

1. Yes if Morey can dump Brewer and trade a couple of other guys.

2. Well, theoretically he can form a big 3 in other teams, so, we have to hope he likes Harden more than others.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Brooks is coaching Washington. Don't rule out a return to KD's hometown to play for his former coach.

Things just got real.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't fear the Wizards to be honest, they don't have a great organization, Wall is really good but not a true superstar, he's not on Westbrook level (even if i think he can actually be a better fit next to Durant), Beal is good but injury prone and way too overrated, the rest is just ok, Gortat, Markieef...meh, he's not winning anything there.

My two cents obviously.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You might be right but you can't deny that Washington's pipe dream is just that much closer to being a tangible option.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Thorpe is clueless as a source. Have heard him multiple times make comments that reveal that he doesnt even know what positions some players play and doesnt watch teams.( doesnt stop him from actually commenting tho).

7. malakas

malakas Member

Btw Thorpe a few months ago said in a Lowe podcast that Harden and Durant dont like playing with each other and Harden wanted to leave OKC nonetheless because hes a diva and wanted to be "the man".

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know, Woj says otherwise but we'll see, i just think that Brooks could've waited for Houston if he knew we were interested, he could've coached Durant AND Harden here, but an overall better team with a better organization...

I also think that Morey already knows if Harden and Durant like Brooks that much, so my guess is they don't consider him that much as a coach, but we'll see.

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

They're better than the rockets so there's that... And no I'm not kidding

10. alethios

alethios Member

I believe the last part, but at this point, it's a widely known fact.

11. malakas

malakas Member

I dont believe anything Thorpe says unless it has to do with specific coahing or judging bigs skills. (The well known ones who thorpe watches ofc).

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, if you're talking about THIS Rockets yeah, i can understand you but in reality they're not even better than us right now so...that tells you a lot imo...and if we're able to convince Durant with another top player (i would like Horford), we'll definitely be better than them.

13. Zbed

Zbed Member

Didn't Harden choose to come off the bench in OKC because he liked that better? I dont think he wanted to leave OKC. Could be wrong tho

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

First bolded part...doubtful.

As for the second bolded part...Harden's the only person in history who was ever considered a "diva" for wanting a better career and more earning potential.

15. malakas

malakas Member

The more you listen to Thorpe the more you realise how he tries for sensationalism.

Take the latest example for instance. What he really say? Nothing. Just his opinion to get clicks and fame.
    Stick to only commenting about pnr defence dear Thorpe.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think malakas is right, and it's funny cause if Durant really doesn't like play with Harden, he should be exhausted to play with that ball hog Westbrick so...better chance for us than OKC :grin:

17. pass_to_Hakeem

That's where my money is. Durant goes home to
    WAS

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Fair points.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Had a friend spot KD at Nick and Sams in Dallas. He and his crew were cheering for Houston. When asked why, he said they just want GSW to lose. Such a tease...

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

There he goes again. ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-wi...tt-brooks-to-lure-kevin-durant-010418933.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.