1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calm down] The series doesn't start until the home team loses

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Calm down. Our players are getting valuable playoff experience.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

IM CALM AS HELL. **** JB! ****ING THING SUCKS!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

•"They protected their homecourt," forward Trevor Ariza said. "That's what you're supposed to do in the playoffs. They always say the playoffs start when you get a win on the other team's floor. We got to go home and try to get a win, too."

•"You can't allow yourself to get frustrated," Ariza said. "It's a playoff game, things are going to happen. They're (at home) and they've won a lot of games here and we didn't get a chance to steal one on this trip. We have a chance to come back and try next time."

•"We have to protect our home," Howard said. "They did a good job doing what they were supposed to do. We have to return the favor. We'll be better next game."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...orth-of-bad-habits-on-display-for-7258179.php

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually feel sad for Trevor, i think he's trying hard in every game, but he's just playing and touching the ball too much, a lot of times he's forced to make things he just can't make and i saw him frustrsated a lot of times this season after a brick, a missed layup...eh...

6. ibm

ibm Member

so how come we're down 0-2 already b4 the series starts?

it's just a cliche, man.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So it's just preseason...

LOL

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS.....

These guys deserve ZERO respect!

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Ariza sucks.

Playoff Howard becomes a joke now.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

All they did was take care of business at home. Now we got to take care of our business at home. Bring it back to The Bay Area tied up.

Bwahahahahaha

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

These guys don't give a f**** it's proven. They just don't care anymore. None of those quotes showed genuine urgency or disdain.

After the rockets lose in 4 on Sunday, they'll just brush it off like "it happens, only 1 team wins a title a year, and it just wasn't our year. We are still champions."

It's just proof that these guys don't care anymore about winning or losing.

12. MattM

MattM Member

Yes the rockets are still in this. One game at a time. Maybe reduce the turnover frequency, at least make an effort defensively and FFS - hit some shots.

Less Brewer, more KJ. Improve basketball IQ significantly, show some heart and maybe we won't continue to be blown out

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

To be fair to the OP, he is right that it is not the end of the world just yet.
    Plus the payoffs are the playoffs. Anything can happen. That-being-said, GSW are the best regular season team in history, and we are possible the laziest team in history (most definitely the laziest of the last decade).

Realistically speaking, it is highly improbable we will win this. I'd say 0.5% chance that we could. What I'm hoping is that we can win at least 2 games in the series (hell winning 1 game would make me happy), but winnign 2 games would at least help out with signing free agents next off-season. As it stands, it looks like no NBA player respects this team as it stands and won't come here.

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fixed. Sad but true. PPPPP

Proper
    Preparation
    Prevents
    Poor
    Performance

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I feel the rox win game 3. Just a hunch.

16. hvic

hvic Member

Maybe the ref will help us lol

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like the optimism. It's better than just waiting for hell.

James is due for an epic game. I'd like one more "Playoff Dwight" game. Let's win a few....

I'm not down to watch 2 games of KJ, Clint,Andrew,CB and Montrezl playing heavy minutes.

Like JVG always says (paraphrased): You show up to compete. Period.

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Hardashian can't even score 40 when Curry isn't playing.

Bleh.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Our stars are playing like bums, and our role players are hustling.

But our stars need more help or something

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Say whatever you want about Dwight's poor play, but claiming that Ariza sucks is beyond ridiculous. He may be the only guy on the roster who does what is asked of him and more. He's level-headed, a glue guy and isn't anywhere near the source of the Rockets' problems.

I mean, I get frustration from your team losing, but outlandish comments about one of our "good guys" sucking is obnoxious.

Either your're tired or you've spent too much time staring at that thing growing on the back of Speight's head.