1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Stephen Curry may not play in Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 19, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

As if it matters. Rockets shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Gs doesn't need him to beat this team. They're worried about the bigger picture and rightfully so

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sources: We still gon get raped.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, but I do think his ankle is worse than is being put out there. Had surgeries on it and he wasn't moving well at all.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I want them to sweep us without Curry. This deserves it.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Also believe that its more than just an ankle injury and could be a foot issue. Im sure more will come out as the days go by

7. dje243

dje243 Member

We're still gonna get beat... but let's not pretend that GS is not still an excellent team without Curry. Without Curry for a full season GS would probably be at least a 4 or 5 seed. The rockets blow this season but they're certainly not the only team in the playoffs that would have problems with a Curry-less Warriors team.

8. AXG

AXG Member

Blessing in disguise for GS.

9. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

No worries, they have Andre Iguodala. It's a practice scrimmage for them.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this times 100

GSW basically telling their best player to take some time off.

they aren't even taking this seriously and still beating the Rockets by double digits

thats how sorry the Rockets are playing right now from an effort standpoint.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Seems pretty smart to me. Clearly his ankle is hurt and they are working us over without him. The Rockets don't even look like they want to be on the court together. If I was a GSW fan I would be happy they are resting Curry rather than risking further injury against a team that is broken.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Guys, Morey himself stated that no Western Conference team wants to face us in the first round.

13. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I don't think the injury is "more serious" than they're letting on. If that were the case, he wouldn't have been cleared twice to re-enter game 1 (Kerr chose not to let him back in the second time) and they wouldn't pointlessly have him warm up on it a bit before game 2.

I think they just don't feel at all threatened by the Rockets and if they can win without him, why even risk having him play on it and potentially turn this into a lingering issue all playoffs? If I were them, I wouldn't play him this series until they lose a game. If they don't lose any games, great...tons of time off between the injury and game 1 of the second round.

14. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Golden State just being cautious with Curry.

They won 73 games, the only concern for embarrassment now is if they have the best regular season record, but weren't able to win the championship because Curry somehow aggravated an injury in a meaningless first round series.

It's the smart thing to do until either Curry is truly 100% or Rockets can at least win 1 game.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But, if it is a foot injury like YOLO says then they wouldn't really know quite yet.

If you remember the past two players that had these foot injuries thought they could play on it too. Durant was there making a come back one game then out for the season the next week.

I remember that Yao had returned and we were all ready to play the season then nope, never mind.

Not saying it is that serious, but I don't agree with resting players if they are cleared and ready to play. For what...like a week...then only to come back and see Chris Paul? It seems to make much more sense (If he's as healthy as they say he is.) to just kill off the Rockets and not play around with them.

Any injury that also has a threat to be a 'lingering' issue is a red flag to me as well.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If we don't win Game 3 without Curry, I don't know what I'll do. I can't really make any threats, because I'll never stop watching them. I hated watching them all season. But I didn't miss games. Harden is one of the most frustrating people to watch IMO.

17. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Why would it be a foot injury? That's just random speculation. May as well say it's really a back injury that they're calling an ankle sprain. It would have equal evidence, i.e. zero. He turned his ankle, how is that uncertain in terms of which part of the body was injured?

Any sprain has the threat to be "lingering," if you keep putting weight on it. The only fix for a sprain is resting it.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Curry was never cleared to return game one. Kerr said even if Houston did make a run, he would not have returned.

Ken Berger: They're gonna be cautious with him. They don't need him to win the series. Why take the risk?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because it was said that he had pain in his foot as well.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

If you didnt notice he never turned his ankle a game 1 and he was obviously experiencing discomfort. Non contact injuries can be a variety of levels. Relax its just something I think could be wrong. We will find out very soon