1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/16/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Welcome to the balanced officiating of the NBA. But hey, they are the team of history right? They had no help in this one at all. /s

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight and Harden taking on all the blame but nobody mentions Bev/Ariza/Brewer going 5-25 from the field?

And 70% those were on open shots.

I mean these are supposed to be the shooters that space the floor.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem is that it closes the lane for Harden and the Rockets instead of posting those two guys up and play inside out will stupidly try to drive and kick.

They aren't smart enough to realize "Lane is going to be clogged."

It makes a ton of sense to play Dwight and DMO and play inside out, test their bigs and play slow. It's what the Grizz did and even the Cavs and they were the teams that put a scare to the Warriors.

Warriors are a small team, you aren't going to out shoot them and out run them. It's not happening.

4. farmer_jays

farmer_jays Member

that ankle's looking like it's made of glass right now..

5. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Exactly. Why is everyone so mad, this is what they wanted? While other teams are preparing for the draft & coaching change, Rockets are getting their teeth kicked in. But Playoffs=Durant so it's ok.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the last six quarters that the Warriors have played Houston without Curry available, Golden State outscored them 158-144.</p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/721460850255482882">April 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As close as a forfeit...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not saying Houston should concede the series but they are best off playing their younger players meaningful minutes for playoff experience.</p>&mdash; Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) <a href="https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/721460205108740101">April 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

There were quite a lot of ticky tack fouls that went against the Rockets. But, the Warriors still dominated the game regardless. I expect the Rockets to get some hometown favorable calls when the Rockets play at home. And, I expect Harden will see the FT line a lot more when this series goes to Houston. I still think it is a sham Harden had no FTs but whatever.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

If Morey can bring some top players here, i will not hate this guy.
    I don't understand why top players would come here

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

....................................................................................................................................... 5-25 is insane

10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

This^^^^^^Howard is an overall e fall liability. It"s embarrassing to watch shots go up and he doesn't even put his hands up,watching people grab rebounds that he should get are nauseating."Hands of stone"...how many careless TOs? Goal tending on balls clearly on their way down.Can't wait to see a Howardless Rockets team.A d bios!

1 person likes this.
  11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Les & Morey have destroyed the Houston team.
    The long rebuilding period is coming.
    Any top players will not come here

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Bad coaching, as always.

13. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

5 minutes for your 2nd best scorer in a must-score series

Yea lol

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This what happens when you let a child coach a man's game...

"Really big team, we need some really big rings..."

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think if Bev could have made more of his shots...this would have had a favorable impact. But, Bev was pretty bad early on offense. He couldn't hit shots right at the rim and his 3s were off. Combine that with Brewer's terrible offense, then that doesn't leave a lot of room for the other 3 to be off their game. The fact is most everyone was off offensively early. We had blown layups. Our D was there early...but our lack of O killed any momentum we got from our defensive stops. And, it snowballed out of control rather quickly from there.

16. MystikArkitect

Just get Dwight outta here.

James needs to show a backbone in this series or otherwise we're going to be in this hamster wheel for a while. Playoff Harden is real and it isn't good.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Curry questionable for game 2 according to Kerr

18. BleedsRocketRed

We have no chance. At all and this game clearly showed it. Top to bottom they are flat out better its not even funny. Not sure why everyone is so pissed at the referees, JBB, Brewer, Terry...etc

I mean, what the hell did you honestly expect? This team is BROKEN

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Agreed...the defense was solid early on but the offense stunk it up and then it snowballed

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i agree, i'm just not sure D.Mo will help enough on protecting the paint and rebound the ball but i like and trust D.Mo, he can score, move the ball and he's smart, can take a charge and make little big plays so yeah, at this point i don't know what is stopping JB, i mean, we've nothing to lose, trust your better players.

I'll also play KJ more, he's still "meh" on offense, makes some ugly decisions, but he competes, can't be worse than Brew anyway at this point, and he can grow playing in games like these.