1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Beas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Michael Beasley is a better NBA PF right now that either Smith or DMO. I can't tell if DMO is hurt or we just suck at utilizing him. Probably both I guess. Smith, I just cannot see the magic happening again.

My eyes tell me that Beasley is our second best player. Even better for the team than Ariza. I like the H/B pick and roll as well. We haven't really been able to hit on a strategy that works against GS. We probably won't. We need someone to consistently score besides Harden. Beas is the only person on the roster than can do that.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

need him off the bench for scoring. kj or smoove is the best option to replace dmo.

3. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Need someone who can play make out of the screen and roll. D-Mo has been 'ok', but Beas has been special.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Great idea! I assume the goal being to have the Warriors run up the score as high as possible on the rockets? I suggested earlier that they go with Jones, Beasley, Brewer, Harden, and Terry as the starters in order to get the Warriors into the 180-200 points range.

5. mockster

mockster Member

No he needs to come off the bench for bench support. But I agreee he should get starter minutes 25+

6. StrawberryJamm

Beasley and KJ should get big minutes but off the bench IMO. Start Dmo game 1 if it doesn't work out start Josh Smith game 2.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

too early

when we are down 1-3 maybe

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The 4 spot will be a tough one for us this match up. I just don't trust Smith, he could come out and help but he's more likely to hurt us, same with TJ. Dmo will pass well but he has been pretty awful on defense since returning, and can't rebound, Capela messes with spacing, we need Beasley's scoring spark off the bench.

That leaves 2 people, Harrell who is a rookie and unlikely to get playing time, or the best option IMO - Ariza, which is why JB might start Brewer. I think KJ would be better though, but he's also young isn't as trusted by JB so not sure he gets the minutes.

Bev / Terry
    Harden
    Brewer/KJ
    Ariza / Beasley (Smith/Motie/Harrell)
    Howard / Capela

Is how I would start it off and see how it goes, the PF rotation will probably be all over the place this series.

9. StrawberryJamm

JB loves that lineup he closes with it in games we lose.
    Our starting lineup hasn't been bad they often build leads to buy time for Brewer and Terry to ruin it. I actually like having Dmo and Smith split the first quarter to see who has it, you can tell early with those two. Whoever plays best splits time with Beasley. Beasley is definitely a PF but definitely a better SF than Brewer too. He should be getting like 28 minutes a game.

10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I could definitely agree with starting Beasley, but we all know that JB won't even consider it. But I definitely think for us to have chance to win this series, Beasley has to play 30 minutes a game, preferably 35 or more; and score 20ppg while doing so. He is more than capable of doing that while shooting 50% and rebounding well.

The issue then is how do you get DMo and Smith enough minutes to keep them engaged and contributing. I think the answer is that you keep DMo staring, let Smith back him up, but TAKE BREWER OUT of the rotation completely and give those 15 to 20 minutes to Beasley at SF. Let Trevor play some SG and Harden should be the only one getting minutes at PG other than Beverly, unless JB is smart enough to use KJ some to guard Curry occasionally.

ANYTIME they got hack a Howard/Capella/Smith, JB has to be smart enough to then put in DMo at Center and Beasley at the PF, so he needs to plan for this in the rotation patterns. (we all know that he won't) That's always going to be at the middle or end of quarters after enough fouls have been called. So Dwight and Capella should be playing at the beginning of every quarter to get rebounds and fouls against the other teams and then sub them out when they go to hacking.

Please JB, just please use your brain for once this season!

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dmo and Smith have been trash, Smith has been awful on offense, Dmo awful on D and the boards. I woukdnt be bad if neither got minutes. Either could come out hot and take the starting position but that's yet to be seen.

Beasley is good for 20-30 mpg off the bench but we still need someone to start at the PF position for the other 18-28 mpg.

Ariza is the best overall PF we have, and sliding him to the would give us a balanced offensive/defensive lineup. Like I said I would prefer KJ start at the SF spot but I don't feel JB is comfortable doing that in the playoffs.

12. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I'm with OP

13. HookemHorns1250

We have to have some kind of scoring off the bench. Beasley can't start. Who are you counting on to make plays if Beasley starts and it's time for our bench to come in? Brewer? KJ? Capela? JT?

There has to be someone in that line up when things get rough where you can give them the ball, and say "Go make a play." Beasley's that guy. It doesn't mean he "Can't" play with Harden, it just means when our main guys have to go sit, Beasley needs to be out there.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would start Beas to get us off to a good start and not be down 40 to 22 after the 1st Qtr. Beas and James

15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

beasley is a god among mere mortals. his opulence and grace knows no bounds.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Beasley is not even our first or second big off the bench..

17. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Guys, I know you're logical human beings posting on a message board, but 20-30 minutes for Beas is wishful thing especially as long as we have this coach. In fact, 2-3 minutes might be the more realistic estimate of Beas minutes. JBB won't play him til we're down by 20+ looking for a spark, book it. (I would love to eat my words, make me JBB)

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If JBB does not provide ample pt for Beasley, that would show how inept he is at coaching. More than almost any other playoff match up, Beasley's skillet is perfectly suitable against foes like GS -- A big mobile forward who can do almost everything, including scoring in bunches.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You lost me right there. JB and the word smart together is like an oxymoron.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not yet.

YOu rock with DMo and Dwight for a tall front line. I disagree with the "DMo Defense Committee," in many ways, partially because he hasn't shown anything close to being a valuable starting 4. However, at this point, routines are crucial and you don't want to mess with camaraderie before the series begins. DMo has "earned" his spot by default, but when or if his shots fail to fall, and when his conditioning and effort start to lack, you get right into Beas/Smoov/Clint(eww). One thing that JB should consider is putting CB in the front court depending on the matchup. He's long and an absolute pest on defense. He can out hustle a guy like SPeights, even without the size. I hope JB analyzes the mismatches.

Beas needs at least 20-25 each game. He will be the guy who balances out the mid-game with our threes.

And, again, Trevor Ariza, Dwight and Pat Bev are going to be the XFactors. Trevor can hold Klay under 30, Dwight needs his contract and a little birdy told me that he sees this as his final showing to be considered a legitimate free agent option. This series means a lot. The same goes for Smoov.

Ultimately, James Harden will have to deliver us, or in the least, cancel out what Steph does. If he can go point for point, I like our chances. We're better than our record shows, but we can't underestimate Leo, Livingston and that HEATHEN named Draymond.

If JB is smart, you force him to shoot jumper after jumper and block the penetration.

We can win this, and I'm not on my Pill Cosby vibe.

The Warriors feel TOO GOOD about their record-breaking season. That bodes well for us going in there as underdogs. Cockiness can kill you quickly, and I firmly believe that Steph is not going to nail every three he takes, especially that Wolverine is healthy and ready to stir things up.

If Dwight stays out of foul trouble, protects the rim, rebounds and regains that lob-pass chemistry with Jsmoov, I like our chances to compete.

This team was built without an identity (Hi, Kevin).

The post-season is a different story. It's 0-0, and we're not getting swept. We're the more physical team, with a bipolar roster of guys who turn things on out of nowhere.

I'm banking on this going to 7. No promises to take down the Bay, but they are vulnerable because of their bravado.

As a coach, I've seen the best of the best fall because of arrogance. If you underestimate James Harden and any of our guys who can go off, you might just shi* the bed.

GoRocks....

I need one more good series before I have to hang it up and start preparing for my next career in the Desert.

Love ya'll...even the DMo Task Force. ;)