1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many field goals will Kobe take in his final game? (Reps for whoever guess right)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayhow92, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

im still in shock from what just happened

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wow Harden never took more than 30 something shots a game?

3. Faust

Faust Member

He is so happy this postgame conference. I've never seen him sound so jolly. What a way to go out. Still, Rockets let this happen so Kobe can thank Houston. Jazz respectfully stopped defending him and he got his baskets.

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Even the refs wanted him to get 60. They ignored his push off near the end so he could get fouled and get the last free throws.
    I'm assuming if the Jazz had something to play for, things would have been different.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Kobe literally should have shot every single shot for his team. I would not have minded seeing him break 100+ even if it was lessened by 80+ shot attempts lol.

7. Victorious

Victorious Member

i'm not impressed, he took 50 shots LOL. i'm only surprised they did not do this all season so he could average 40+ pts a game.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I watched the game. I really don't understand why everyone is so impressed. He was 22/50 from the field. Harden could do that any night. The referees wanted him to have it. The Jazz didn't play any defense. That was worse than watching an All Star Game.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could Harden do that when he's 37 years old?

Yeah, factor that in.

10. bobloblaw

It would blow some minds as here he was partially responsible for the terrible D by the Jazz.

Yes, I think he could. The Jazz mostly didn't play defense. This is the only sport a player could go out like this.

Does anyone believe the Jazz were trying to win?

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I don't understand why guys in this thread keep limiting the FGA record to the 1983-1984 season and after. Why aren't you including seasons before that in the calculation of the records?

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you shouldn't have watched the game.

i'm sure you could find some mr rogers episodes on netflix.

13. Asian Sensation

He hasn't even done that yet when he's 9 years younger. Also, Harden couldn't lead us to a win over the same Jazz team in what was pretty much a must-win game at the time.

I've hated Kobe his whole career but he's arguably the 2nd GOAT. The Jazz wanted to win that game and were up by 10 with like 3 mins left. There was no denying Kobe at the end though. Vintage performance.

Anybody that discredits him is simply a hater and or born after 1990. Everybody that watched him from the start of his career till tonight would give him his props and recognize him as one of the GOATs no matter how much they hated him.

14. Victorious

Victorious Member

even sasha vukacic could score 60pts with 50 shots and no defense. it was basically an all-star game for kobe

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

1 person likes this.
  16. bobloblaw

No player should ever take 50 attempts in a game. Harden has had plenty of performances that dwarf this game. Give Corey Brewer 50 shots and no defense and he might end up at 44%.

The Jazz were already out of the playoffs tonight. Even when they were ahead they weren't putting forth any effort. Kobe scored very inefficiently and the only other points came off of fast breaks.

The Jazz weren't playing defense and the referees weren't calling anything. No one tried to deny Kobe. The Jazz knew he would take every shot and they didn't press him or double him. They had no incentive to win the game.

There's a lot of rose tinting here. I never said Kobe wasn't one of the best of all time. I don't have to agree that this performance was somehow special because the NBA and ESPN wanted to sell it.

17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  18. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Harden couldn't get 50 shots up the first half of this season. He would be gassed by the half because of his weight. if he doesn't take care of himself, he won't even be able to play at age 37.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So Hakeem had a game with 40 FGA and made 24 FGs for 48 points. He did not get a single foul for FTs.

20. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Kobe is the second GOHG. Line forms behind The Big Fundamental.