1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. SunsRocketsfan

not going to happen...

Lin would be tolerable if it wasn't for his legion of insane fans. Even the news articles written about him or just absurd. But the reason he gets so much hate is his rabid fans that invade online forums and blame everyone but lin for his shortcomings.
    Otherwise i honestly think he's a decent bench player that can be very inconsistent but seems to be solid. Came across this link of re-picking the 2010 draft and guess what spot Lin moved up to.

http://basketball-players.pointafte....ob.dt.5171&utm_content=2787526#10-Jeremy-Lin

2. SunsRocketsfan

You just answered your own statement.. NO team is willing to have him as the primary starter because.. YES he can be really bad often. you can't be a starter being that inconsistent.

3. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Lin threads will be on clutch atleast another 3 to 4 years... Lol

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't wait for wayoff Lin, I mean playoff Lin

5. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsatan will be so happy and have purpose.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Pretty cool of Lin to help make this a happy ending for her lol...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mUJv_bJW1D8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What do you think of my new tattoo <a href="https://twitter.com/hollyisyourstar">@hollyisyourstar</a> - <a href="https://t.co/KhpXe19vUd">https://t.co/KhpXe19vUd</a>? <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA_Reddit">@NBA_Reddit</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/720035511440695296">April 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Even in Linsanity, there're some games he did not play well, but his coach trust him and let him play on, and he always came back in the 4th quarters. While as a bench player, when you are cold, you go to bench. See how Ty Lawson and many other player who's performance shift between role as starter and bench player.

As for starters in the league, veteran player like D Williams, Parker, or any others can have off night regularly, how can we expect bench players with few mintues to be consistent? Not to say those starters plays with more experienced, better chemistry teammates.

Linsanity is never a fluke, it's just perfect environment of him. Right coach, right teammate, right system, and right place in New York. I'd say Lin is special player who plays better in big stage, and the Garden is the perfect match.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

At first I thought wtf since he replaced PG (#1), but the players selected below him are less noticeable. Larry Sanders! took a drop because he's larry sanders.

9. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Not sure it was a fluke...it was the only time in Lin's careen that he was given the reigns to lead the team in the type of system that fits him well. Once D'Antoni left and Melo got healthy, Lin has not had that opportunity. What's to say that given the right system and the trust of the coach it isn't what would happen again?

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yeah.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He is good friends with Draymond

12. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I never understood this. Why would you let other people decide how you will feel about a person?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

it's like saying that's a nice house except there's a thousand zombies in the backyard.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LMAO :grin:

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So why are you spending 80% your time in that nice house with your supposed zombies?

16. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I think she worked as a security guard at Barkley Center...

17. verysimplejason

I've got some seeds... let them do the cleaning. :rolleyes:

18. sew

sew Member

He's keeping them fed. Needs to make sure they stick around so he has something to do with his life.

19. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

also very funny that saying Lin fans is annoying, but keep starting Lin's thread here. I guess most Lin fans will gone when this kind of Lin discussion thread is closed.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

trying to be rick grimes