1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwight looks great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Apr 11, 2016.

1. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

It's too bad we're playing against the ****ing Warriors. We're incapable of playing Spurs level defense which means we will have to run them off the court.

Good luck with that. It doesn't matter what Dwight does, it comes down to our bench and Harden outplaying Curry and co.

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

just throwing this out there but the Twolves are...

28-53

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Phuong, I think you are the last true believer. I'll leave the light on for you.

4. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

If we get into the playoffs, and play warriors, this will be the last of Howard. He probably splits, along with other players, team dismantles. Harden/Dmo maybe be only ones left.

5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I know the season didn't turn out how we wanted.. but some of these fans on this forum are something else smh... I believe in this team..

6. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

We need to sign da big baby

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

8. MistaK

MistaK Member

IF WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS....

Really? It actually matters what Dwight does. Dwight will a) need to keep his cool against GS - they will be physical b) no useless goal tends c) set hard picks and roll hard - he is still the most athletic big in that series d) defend well and grab board after board e) hardly any post-ups and if post-ups only when single coverage - also he will have to go into his move quickly without dribbling too much f) be motivated

Harden will do what he can - he will draw the attention of 3-4 defenders every time he touches the ball anyway, run the offense and hit tough shots - only thing I'm asking, be careful with the ball and be aggressive attacking like he was last year in the GS series (even if they don't call obvious fouls).

And most importantly!!! - the role players need to show up. It will depend on them hitting the many open shots they will be getting at at least league average %s.

Can't expect Harden to single handedly carry the team every night.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This is so true. We should consider a rebranding to to "Clutchskeptics".

10. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I don't blame him for trying to maintain his health till playoffs cause he always brings it

Even though it does seem like he is half adding it I can't really blame him. He was battling injury all season last year, JB doesn't run **** for him besides maybe a P&R(all he can kinda do) and refs kinda let him get man handled without him being able to retaliate

Most the time though if Dwight plays how we expect him to, the refs would have him in foul trouble before the 2nd quarter. If he was "playoff Dwight" all year he'd probably be suspended all season from the amount of techs and flagrants these b**** refs would give him

11. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

kinda hard to score when they werent feeding him the ball..i hope we make a run and he stays and we add another name too..we shall see

12. MattM

MattM Member

Yep. Houston coasted to 8th seed. Even last year against Dallas the team showed their gear switch. Nobody expected the stomping we gave them - not even us fans.

Frustrating to see your team coast and flirt with placing outside the playoff picture, but I think finishing 8th was their goal. They coasted, GS has been playing hard all year going for the wins record.

Dwight is ring leader of the coasting strategy

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Still had some dumb plays, not running back, not recognising he needs to pass it back out, shaking his head at team mates..also against Bogut he will not stand a chance and get fouls on those elbow throws so play-off Dwight my ass.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Only if we change the team name to "The Houston let downs."

15. rocketsmetalspd

You are correct it will come down to the bench play and how JB utilizes the rotations off the bench. Also, IF the Rockets can get by the Kings, they can just go in the playoffs and play loose since no one will give them a chance to win the series. Shooting 30 plus 3s a game is what I see the team doing.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He looked great because we looked for him in good situations. We didn't force it to him in the post a bunch of times. We ran pick and roll, and drove to the basket often, allowing Howard to dive in for easy drop offs. We should have been doing this for the last three years every.single.game.

It helps when the 3 ball is falling like it was last night, though.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah the 8th seed was our goal,.. Cuz we wanted to skip the whole season and the playoffs for a rematch of the western conference finals.. :rolleyes:

Let's face the record breaking Warriors, then we'll work about the spurs later...lol

But on the plus side I do think this team will have a chip on their shoulders to prove all the doubters wrong. But I don't think that's still gonna be anything to close enough.

Really.... I hope I'm wrong.. We beat GS and this town goes crazy....

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody posted this yet?

[​IMG]

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You need to feed him Leroy! Often and early. All great players need to be fed.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I can't be the only one wondering if "playoff dwight" was mostly about keeping his stock high, right? We'll see what happens this year...if he can automatically shift into playoff mode, then it'll be pretty clear what he's really been doing.