1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Air Langhi, Mar 23, 2008.

1. joshbo90

joshbo90 Member

he will be an average nba player

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't see the game but Wisconsin must have really laid an egg. They had no business losing this game, I don't care how good Stephen Curry is. Now Kansas has an even easier cakewalk to the Final Four.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You'd think, until Curry outscores Kansas by himself in the 2nd half. What a great run these guys are on - did ya'll hear about their alumni raising money to buy a ticket and provide transportation to the game for any current student that wanted one? I hope they go all the way to the championship.. and lose to UNC. :)

4. spysta

spysta Member

man rice's court is freaking dangerous

5. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

The game is being played in Detroit at Ford Field.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Whoever wins this game is going to get steamrolled by UNC. Even assuming they aren't jittery like today, KU doesn't have the horses to stay with UNC. It would be a repeat of Memphis vs. UT, only worse.

7. spysta

spysta Member

oh yeah your right

didnt the memphis texas game have a court with a similar drop off?

Anyway that detroit court is dangerous i dont understand why it has the dropoff on the side

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Kansas has every bit the athletes -- and much better defenders -- than UNC. Kansas rolls. And I say that as someone who despises the Jayhawks and would love to see them go down. Broke my heart to see that shot miss.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The turning point of KU vs. Davidson was when Davidson was up 51-47 with 6 minutes left with the ball. I had the feeling KU was very tight was in choke mode. But out of the timeout, the Davidson player passed it straight to a KU player for a dunk. That started a 12-2 KU run that finished them off, barely.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Disagree - UNC by double digits. The only team I'm worried about taking them down is Memphis.

11. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Stephen Curry is too small to play a 2 guard and doesn't have the skills to play the point.
    Will be an off-the-bench scorer/backup guard.

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

What Dell was for most of his career.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He reminds me of a Monta Ellis/Brandon Roy/Kevin Martin

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

This is the most accurate assumption. He's a type of guy that will have to "prove it." He's going to need the extra year in school; if he expects to make it in the NBA, his handle has to be A LOT better.

Here's a guy to watch and compare him to next year in college: Jack McClinton. Very similar games: incredible shooters, similar heights, both thrive curling off screens as 2 guards.

I personally think McClinton is a better ball handler than Curry, but neither are capable of consistently playing the point at the next level.

McClinton will be First-Team All-ACC next year, has a more developed physique and game. If it came down to drafting Curry or McClinton, I'd take McClinton.

It's not like the Dell Curry name recognition got Stephen into a big-time school...

15. mingthething

mingthething Member

I cast resurrection spell on this thread! shabalalabalala... Let the lulz continue.

16. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

lol stamp all over this thread.

17. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Wow at all the people that were wrong about curry

18. Ratman

Ratman Member

Lmaoo yeah...

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I was right from the very beginning. I knew Curry would be great and a 3pt freak.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dude is a scrub. Can't even stay on the floor for the second half of a playoff game smh