1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atheist Law Student Hacked To Death In Bangladesh

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 7, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think a problem that the left(I would consider myself left thinking so this would be self-criticism) is that they hear various Muslim organizations and mosques state "We condemn so and so terrorist act" and believe it's settled. It's black and white. They don't agree with terrorist actions, thus, they have zero similarities with the ideology the terrorists have. But then you go more in depth about what their opinion is on things such as corporal punishment for victim-less crimes like apostasy and homosexuality, and you will see that they are perfectly fine with such things which partly enables the extremists. Implicit consent of the overall ideology is the issue. Condemning explicit attacks on civilians is easy.

Then I see the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy the left has when a right winger who is absolutely harsh on abortion condemns an attack on a abortion center and still partly places blame on the rhetoric by the right wingers such as Bill O'Reilly. The thing is, I agree that people like Carly Fiorina and Bill O'Reilly are partly to blame for the Christian terrorist attacks on abortion clinics. So why can't many liberals apply that consistency? Just stating that they condemn an attack doesn't mean they are all clear of partial responsibility.

#21 fchowd0311, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. g1184

g1184 Member

At first I was going to say that you're giving him too much credit, but then I realized that the claims in bold aren't backed by evidence, so you're probably spot on.

Here's how he works:
    1. develop a hypothesis, in this case "inaction from moderate Muslims (and non-Muslim apologists) is part of the problem"
    2. fabricate one data point that "proves" the hypothesis (confirmation bias): "I don't see leftists and moderate muslims protesting in the streets"
    3. draw errant conclusions from the single fabricated data point "moderates didn't protest; they must condone this behavior due to islam" (false dichotomy, non-sequitur)
    4. declare victory and post another confirmation biased article and make fallacious claims.
    5. perform autofellatio

3. fchowd0311

It's really not about protesting in the streets. It's about condemnation of the actual problems in Islam like corporal punishment for victim-less crimes rather than just explicit condemnations of various terrorist attacks.

"Killing innocent civilians is wrong". Okay, cool bro. Now how about the death penalty for apostasy under Sharia Law?

Here is a prime example of what I'm referring to. Here is your generic European Imam who is perfectly fine stating that terrorist attacks are wrong. But let's actually ask him some tough questions and see what happens:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r018ohLUuL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

When you respond to a story like this one with 'yeah, but other people do it as well,' you are making excuses.

5. bongman

bongman Member

What did they do with non-believers during the inquisition?

6. fchowd0311

They burned them at the stake and no commoner had a handy translation of the New Testament in their native tongue to counter the Catholic Church's monopoly on doctrine to say otherwise. Not the same problem with Islam today.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

when you only responds to stories like that if it involve Muslims, then you just show your bias , to think ATW has any moral objective or care of what's happening in Bangladesh or somewhere else , is a total idiocy

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It's a problem at both ends of the spectrum, like most things these days.

You coming into every terrorism thread offering stories of other atrocities as if it's some sort of tit-for-tat game doesn't help much either.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

there are over a dozen of Non-Muslims countries in Africa that do worse on every issue, there is no shortage of example that dismiss that notion that Islam is the cause of problems , and if you feel its a problem ,then its important to benchmark this religion to its counterparts of beliefs

it helps to see all aspects .Bangladesh is one of the worst places to live due to severe corruption , their government does not tackle these issues , they find other irrelevant issues to consume public's attention . whenever a group of people take what they see justice into their hand , its an indication of government failure.

this article mentioned how anti-Pakistan politics is more important than economical-social challenges the society often witness

but to keep things into perspectives look at this very important Global Transparency Index
    http://www.transparency.org/cpi2015

in a country that ranked at the bottom , religion is the least of their problem .

10. bongman

bongman Member

It was not the commoners who were prosletyzing the idea that non-believers be punished. It was their leaders - same difference as today.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

why dont you go to your grass root ! you are a Bangladeshi after all !

this is a more important issue to your own people , keep your self busy doing something useful like advocating better work condition etc.; rather than becoming a dedicated Atw' puppet

[youtube]/ISj8BECf40Q[/youtube]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Anything to distract huh?

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

you want distraction ! take this :

[youtube]3qZUPsKWD_M[/youtube]

[holy cow ]in India is one of the main cause of mass-rape phenomena , lets discuss that

14. Nook

Nook Member

Sure.... start a thread on it.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, horrific. Your solution is what?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Ban wahhabism

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What's yours?

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Dumbest poster? Umm, I think many more people respect me than a racist piece of excrement like you. You pick one incident out in which I screwed up on against the literally 100s of negative - and correct- comments people have directed at you??? Seriously, when it comes to bull**** posts and stupid comments, I'm like Barack Obama and you're like Donald Trump- and everyone on here knows it, too. I mean, don't you realize that you're a legend on Clutch Fans in terms of ridicule? You have your own abbreviation, as in "There goes ATW again." Seriously, very few people pay attention to what I say, which is a good thing. You have a roster of people who pay attention to you- and it's not b/c they want to learn from you. It's because they want to either (a) laugh, (b) STH, or (c) learn what not to do.

Because that's what you really are- you're a racist at the heart of it with a monomaniacal obsession who needs professional help. Good luck, buddy. Oh, and please put me on your Ignore list.

1 person likes this.
  19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, he doesn't like when anyone calls him out. Completely overreacted to what I posted. But, he's made himself into a laughingstock by numerous people on this board. I think I was ridiculed one day for a mistake I made- and rightfully so- - ATW's been ridiculed for years. But I suppose he thinks they are comparable.

Actually, I think his true purpose is that he wants to justify his hatred by maintaining this obsessive anti-Islam posting pattern. "See?" That's his signature. He's a mental midget who, when anyone challenges him, has to lash out like an 8 year-old girl who just soiled her panties. "Boohoo, you're terrible, waaaahhhh!" What an infantile poster he is. Intellectually weak, immature, and utterly trashed by numerous posters on here. That's the "legacy" he leaves on ClutchFans: The Hater. Lovely. Nice work, ATW- you're a ray of sunshine.

#39 dandorotik, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]