1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 4/6/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2016.

1. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I just read on bleacher report, that Brewers contract isn't garunteed next year. It makes me so happy knowing we'll cut his skinny ass in 4 games

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Brewer makes the occasional good hustle play, but that doesn't excuse the rest of his game. Just because he stopped a fast break(albeit by getting away with a foul) and drew an offensive foul late against Matthews doesn't negate his awful shooting performance.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of things though. If this game does cost us a postseason berth, I think that's for the best. We need that pick and more importantly this organization needs a serious wakeup call.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Atleast the Media roasting him for not playing Dmo.

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I'm all for it

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

His job is not on the line. He is gone. By far the worst coach we've had in 25 years.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What an over exaggeration. JB was the only one?

The entire Mavs organisation plus their home fans were praying JB put in Brewer as well! :p

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

John Brewer Bickerstaff:

Last 9(?) minutes?

They upped the physicality. More handsy. They did a good job keeping us out of the break. Smothered us in the backcourt. Never got the thrust we needed. It was a halfcourt game. Physicality took over from there.

(Harden) They started standing on top of him, aggressive in the PnR. We have to do more of the little things. Give them credit. They had a good gameplan.

We can only control what we can control. We gotta win tomorrow night. No hangovers. This game is over. 4 games left. We have to win tomorrow.

Steal by Dirk?

We knew it would be this type of game. They're gritty, tough, seasoned. So much on the line. It came down to who made the most plays.

Corey's made plays for us. He did a good job defensively with his length. We can move him around and put him on different guys. We were thinking defensively as well.

Wanted Trevor on Dirk as much as we could.

Donatas?

Just matchups.

Energy level?

Good. We fought. Energy was there. Scrap was there. We fought. Didn't make enough plays.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Fuqking ridiculous. No smoove either. Can we please lift the profanity filter?

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

and it was just all lobs to Dwight!!!

For goodness sake Dwight was being guarded by Dirk for 25% of the game.. it's ****ing idiotic not to just give the ball to Dwight!

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, OK This team has done nothing it should do all season, don't expect a perfect offseason. Im a huge Morey advocate and Im about ready to jump on the fire Morey train.

12. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Only on this forum. It really wasn't a foul, though. They replayed it in slo-mo numerous times, from multiple angles. I know Harden has us all conditioned to think that every time he is on the offensive half of the floor, he is constantly being fouled, but that was a clean strip.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

You might have something here. One thing for sure...both Brewer and sure as heck Terry couldn't start on any other team besides Philly maybe

14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I'm so damn pissed right now... do these mother****ers have any dignity at all??? Also it burned my soul to hear those Houston sucks chants by the classless Dallass crowd, must've been brutal for the poor faithful Rocket fans there, atleast they have more balls than their team...

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I give up. I get that he won't throw his own players under the bus in a postgame interview, but the sad thing is he probably believes Brewer had a good game tonight.

16. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

This lost is not on JB. That was a right decision to gave Terry and Brewer a lot of minutes, because their energy was the reason why this game was close.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets schedule is easy. They'll squeak into the 7/8 seed to lose the pick.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well huh, you have a post player that is money on the low post and you don't play him - and you put in Corey "Needs a season ending injury so bad" Brewer and the results are expected.

We are frankly the DUMBEST and WORST Rockets team I have ever seen, no discipline whatsoever - clean house from Morey on down.

I wish we could fire Les too.

DD

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Holy ****. This bloke can't be serious.

20. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

They did't roast him enough.