1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Bring back the pajama uniforms. :grin:

2. awc713

awc713 Member

just from a PR standpoint, i dont see why teams dont have 90s nights. it's abundantly clear that lots of fans enjoy the 90s jerseys.

i'd love to see harden and co. rock the blue and white jerseys for a night. maybe even change the floorboards at TC as well. i would bet that other teams have the same sentiment re: 90's jerseys. Just set a couple nights throughout the year, and let the teams and the fans have some fun!

1 person likes this.
  3. Caesar

Caesar Member

I wonder if those who call these current uniforms great and timeless are all 2K era fans. Makes me think so since they find the classic look to be boring.

The real Houston Rockets will always be Red and Yellow/Gold. Silver/Gray is the Spurs color. I'm sick of using it. I'd honestly rather go back to RWB color scheme since it at least matches the Texans and NASA themes. The current Rockets brand just look like some expansion team from the early 2K's completely built around the idea of a Chinese superstar and his fans and Chinese $$$. Jersey sales are now shared anyway, and red and yellow are the colors of Chinas flag and national team, so i never understood going chinese takeout box look..All the new alternates look like were a young franchise that admires and wants to be the Spurs. F THAT NOISE.

I DO understand that the traditional look is a bit too plain for a modern team named the "Rockets." But Houston on the other hand is a blue collar city with nothing flashy about it. One of the major problems i have with our current identity is that Les basically took "Houston" completely out of the brand. The NBA has a rule that you have to use the city name in the primary logo. If that rule didn't exist, i have no doubt "Houston" would be completely erased from the brand.

I honestly like the idea of using the black and white checkerboard Rocket look of the gray and black alternates but with the traditional Red, White, and perhaps a trim of Yellow/Gold to find it's way into it. Oh and of course no sleeves. That wouldn't be too bad for the next primary uniforms, but i just feel like the current logo and wordmark/script and numbers just don't fit that look.

I'm confident NIKE will give us a rebrand that satisfies older Rockets fans and newer. Whatever happens, i hope the classic look finds it's way into the uniform lineup be it an alternate or pride uniform.

1 person likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

It certainly had potential with the NASA look and now matches the Texans. I've always loved what NIKE does for the TEAM USA RWB uniforms.

I'd be down for ProjectThirtyFour's concepts. Though i'd prefer the blue to be an alternate and make RED the primary away color.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I'm in the minority but I agree with this. The current jerseys are fairly simple, especially compared to some of the other jerseys around the league. I particularly think the home whites are very sharp.

I fully admit I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to jersey and logo design but I like the lettering we currently use and and I love the Rockets R. It is a very simple yet bold logo that also manages to be very detailed when you look at it.

#1085 The Summit, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Victorious

Victorious Member

they have "throwback nights" every season. one is coming up i think

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'm with those that are fine with the new jersey cuts this year. I always hated the current jerseys because of the shoulder designs.

I'm sure we might see a drastic change when Nike officially takes over

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I honestly like our home whites. Just change the # font to something more matching and unique and tweak the Rockets wordmark. I'd prefer the wordmark and number font to be a bit more bold. I would love to see a gold trim added to all the red on the home, or at least on the wordmark and numbers.

It's basically the logo and the away uniforms and the home floor i have a problem with. It's all very dull.

Oh yeah, even though i love the new sleeve cut. I still hate the collar. Looks awful.

9. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Why can't we just keep last year's alternates??

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

No good at photoshop. But i think it'd be a good look. Needs different/simpler Wordmark and new number font. Find somewhere to add yellow or gold, or maybe even blue. Needs a tighter sleeve cut and a new collar also.

[​IMG]

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I clicked, hoping for new info.
    Disappointing!

I hate their logo and jerseys and branding overall.

The Astros figured out how to properly do a rebrand. The Rockets should just hire whatever firm they used.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Agreed

14. omgTHEpotential

Let's go with the retro look.

[​IMG]

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Off-season time

[​IMG]

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Damnit man. When are we going to rebrand. Count another team, Sacramento, that just modernized their retro look. Detroit is next.

Can't stand this entire brand. It's a loser brand. It's over. There's no more Yao, no more Lin. Get rid of the Asian Character inspired logo, and Chinese takeout box uniforms and dull and lifeless home floor.

If you don't change the logos, at least give us this and a home version for our primary uniforms and put some color on the homefloor. Simple and classic.
    [​IMG]

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Looks too much catering for the young. We need to keep it retro and simple

18. alcatrazpsycho

I like how these pay tribute to the Mercury-Redstone / Gemini-Titan space programs, but the hideous "R" logo and associated font needs to be buried and never see the light of day ever again. Although the Agency FB number font is pretty slick.

Let's all be honest to ourselves though: as long as Leslie Alexander is the owner, the Rockets brand will always be ugly, and now - has also become the laughing stock of the NBA. Regardless of his character and philanthropic endeavors, he will always hold the Rockets back. The Rockets org needs a new vision.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah those uniforms are sloppy and all over the place, but i love the logos. Just change the rocket inside the ball a bit. The Rocket lifting off and the yellow ball behind it that looks like the Rocket is launching in front of the sun is beautiful.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This franchise needs new life.. I'm so exhausted of the R logo and the current unis.. Idk what the hell the marketing team is doing... Oh wait I know, they're coming up with BRILLIANT logos like this one:

[​IMG]

Great job guys. HR... Brilliant. I'm sure no one thinks of one of the most common workplace acronyms in history.