1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone getting in line for Tesla Model 3?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CXbby, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I completely disagree. First, Apple has a history of dominating the market and crashing shortly after ... which coincides with the departure of Steve Jobs. Apple has hit is peak. Its only real market demand is the Iphone, despite what hipsters want others to believe the Macbook is the future. Google, Microsoft and Facebook all has created wealth from nothing. Apple has created it from pricey hardware. Apple has not even begun to dominate the market like Microsoft has, much less google and facebook.

Tesla is very different. Sure, its going to bring in the elitist who think they are on the cutting edge, but I long suspect Tesla will be a name well known in a 100 years. Apple is already facing stiff competition who is pushing out better product.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

LOL at Apple being the most successful company in the history of the world.

Strong understanding of history, finance, and the global economy.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-delivered-14820-vehicles-quarter-2016-4

Musk's trick is to keep introducing shiny new objects so you forget about the failures before. All funded by tax dollars and presales.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Not talking about where Apple is headed, they've lost direction without Jobs.(in fact over 2 years ago I was telling people not to invest in them in the stock market thread, I was too early due to China but I think will be right) I'm talking about their success in the past. Also not comparing the 2 companies, but if someone is using Apple as an example to bring Tesla down that is a compliment is what I am saying.

Apple until recently was the most valuable company in history, and still the most profitable with the most cash on hand. What are you LOLing about?

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can I still get one?

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How many miles? That is good service, is that available nation wide or just in your area?

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What failures? A shiny new object with a history of past failures would not be able to pre sell 300,000 cars in 4 days.

I know you have this twisted beef with the way Elon does business but his shiny objects are absolutely awesome and their only problem is they can't produce them fast enough. A problem most companies around the world would like to have.

Tesla is here to stay with or without a measly $7500 tax rebate.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol at the hate I'm seeing in this thread. It's going to be a great car at the price point. Get the tax credit and savings at the pump.. The car will pay for itself.

A freakin Camry can cost you over 30 fully loaded these days. Get a clue.

9. R0ckets03

Think I'm close to 35k miles as of right now. I don't know about nation wide service as I can only speak about my own personal experience.

10. R0ckets03

Amen!

Average price for the car will be what...approximately $40k? Forget the tax benefits. Thinking that is a monthly payment of $500 if your credit is pretty good? Most people spend anywhere from $150-$300 on gas a month? That's pure savings right there.

Its like some people who haven't even gotten a chance to experience the product are rooting for it to fail.

Its a great product made in the USA and I hope its here to stay for a very long time.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is it really $0 energy cost. So, there are free recharge stations throughout town. How long does it take to recharge? How many KWHs?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have read about 20 minutes for full recharge.

Most people don't drive 200+ miles per day so they just charge up at home.

DD

13. heypartner

So it's not $0. What are the electricity costs?

14. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

I really don't think there will be many cancellations at all. Comparing the number of pre-orders and how long is the wait time, there will be significant supply and demand imbalance.

I am sure there will be very active underground economy for people who got the car early to make nice profit if he decide to sell the car.

15. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

It is not $0 because most people will recharge at home. There are cost associated with home electricity.

16. R0ckets03

When I lived in a house my electricity bill went up by about $20. Now I live in an apartment and they don't charge me for plugging in the car.

I really haven't had to use any charging stations around town. But lots of HEB's, Whole Foods, parks and buildings and hotels around town offer plug ins for EVs.

Their are options to get dual chargers installed on your car...but don't quote me on this. So depending on your car options and where its being charged you can charge anywhere from 20-60 miles per hour. Again, my math may be off on this.

17. heypartner

So there are free recharge stations throughout rown?

I can calculate cost per gallon of gas equivalent , if you guys give me some numbers. What is kWh / charge and how many miles per charge does it get

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You live in SoCal though right?

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats my basis for reserving. When I take a look at the prices of vehicle msrp's continuing to rise, I figured at 35k, I could get a cutting edge car or a decently equipped mid-size sedan. Its pretty much a no brainer in my opinion. Just hoping the charging stations are convenient enough for me

20. R0ckets03

Nope. Clutch City, USA.