1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 3/31/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Inb4 the 5 year extension.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This^ as well.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Bickerstaff needs to shut up. :mad:

I hate Rockets organization that hired an idiot coach to give up this season.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I feel bad for you.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Dwight was +14. was 3-4 and grab 13 boards and block 3 shoots on 28 minutes Sorry he was not to blame in this game.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rockets april fooled themselves

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What was Robertson's record in Dec.67?

8. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. The team played pretty well without him in the first half, and could have gone at least a couple minutes without him in the second half. He was playing both ends pretty hard tonight, so gotta get that man a breather. There was no bigger reason why we lost this one.

9. i3artow i3aller

I really thought that Ariza 3 was dropping :(
    <iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Ze832iPX0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. for-three

for-three Member

Replacing Jones/Smith with Beasley in the rotation has worked out so far, but the bench has still been bad. Right now they are getting good production out of Beasley and Capela at the 4/5 spot, the rest of the bench lineups still need tweaking. Terry looks like his age has finally caught up with him, and Brewer is allergic to scoring the ball and doesn't defend as well as KJ.

Why not give Goudelock an opportunity to see how he looks, at least he can actually shoot the ball (+40% overseas), plus he has a decent floater on drives. I'm tired of watching all these mediocre 3-point shooters on the Rockets continue to throw up bricks.

KJ has been playing really good defense when he's on the court. He's one of the few guys on the team that can actually stay in front of anyone on the defensive end, as well as getting back in transition .

Ideally, I would like to see more KJ, less Brewer. Terry at his age is probably better suited as a situational shooter, I wouldn't mind seeing Goudelock get some of his minutes. Maybe Goudelock will suck if they put him out there, that's certainly possible. All I know is the team is getting virtually nothing offensively from Terry/Brewer right now and they aren't making up for it on the other end of the court. Maybe Andrew can help provide a little more bench scoring to the team, with his ability to shoot with range.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

OH so he decided to play today? Good for him. To bad we didn't get playoff Dwight, might have won.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

More winning would be better, but very nice stat

If you add steals (a stat not recorded until '74), he'd be the ONLY player ever.

#932 Houstunna, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Blaming this on Dwight is idiotic and biased. Motie, Ariza and the bench (except for Beasley) couldn't hit anything. Why bash a guy that played really well instead of blaming the guys that shot 5/28 and didn't contribute in any other tangible stats? The Dwight hate is ridiculous these days.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Cincinatti went 39-43 that year so not unlike us at all, of course the next, he went to Milwaukee, then add Kareem and titles were to be had.

#934 Aleron, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Players that were put in perfect situations to succeed.

Maybe he can win here (hard to imagine), his best chance to win a ship is to hope for Durant or bounce around till the perfect situation.

16. for-three

for-three Member

Watching Brewer (28% from three this year) continue to brick outside shots is painful. For a team that takes so many threes, you would think they might find some minutes for a player that is actually a threat from long range. I mean, they do have a guy in Goudelock on the bench, that has shown to be a +40% 3-point shooter playing overseas.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Dwight hasn't had 10 FGA in the last ten games.

The Rockets haven't had a losing season in a decade. They have to win 4 out of the nxt six to get to finish at .500.

Last year the Rockets were in the western conference finals.

There is something so wrong with the Rockets right now that I can't wait for the season to end.

18. StrawberryJamm

I like Dwight but I think you're underrating how crucial defensive rotations are, next game watch how Capela moves and defends the pick and roll vs how Dwight does. Dwight and Terry are huge liabilities on any switch because of size and speed not because of a lack of effort. Smart teams will continue to exploit this and get good shots

19. hakeemthagreat

2 things

First, had scored a bunch of points in the 3rd quarter when we were up big. WHY DID JB TAKE BEV OUT? Secondly, there was a point in the 3rd where Dwight got the rebound and completely ignored Harden while dribbling the ball up the court. It was OBVIOUS and definitely looked like Dwight trying to slight James. Did anybody else notice this?

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was afraid that we would lose against the Bulls. I am unhappy, I don't think we can make it to the playoffs. Lack of unity and trust has doomed us from the start of this season.