1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I met Horry this week!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Sep 21, 2003.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

it I think it was this past Wednesday. I go work out at this one gym on Kirby. My trainer always told me this one tall basketball player with curly hair works out there as well. He is not a basketball fan so he didn't know who it was.

Well I walk into the gym on Wednesday. As I am turning a corner, I see this big ass dude. A split second later I realized it was Robert Horry! I was shocked to see him and he saw my initial reaction. I didn't go up to him right away. He was working out and looked pissed off. However I kept on looking at him off and on and he was always looking at me to see if I was looking at him. Then soon he started to get this goofy smile because he realized I was looking at him. This went on for about 10 minutes and he was constantly smiling now. I told my trainer who Horry was and told him I was going to ask him for a picture when he was ready to leave.

But my smart ass trainer goes right up to Horry and tells him I would like to take a picture with him. Horry said yes and I went over. I told him I would have asked myself, but my trainer is a smart ass. Told him I loved him when he was on the Rockets. He smiled and said thanks. I asked him if the Rockets tried to get him this year and he said "no" with a smirk on his face.

Anyways I took a picture with him and said thanks. He usually drives a Ferrari to the gym! :eek:

[​IMG]

Thanks to Rockhead for hosting this pic. Where is my award?!?!?!

#1 R0ckets03, Sep 21, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  2. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Thats awesome! Maybe he was stoned.

3. TheReason

TheReason Member

link doesn't work for me:(

4. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

me either

5. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I found it for Rockets03 and reposted it to a site that works.
    You owe me own, R03... and how. ;)

[​IMG]

7. yaonotyo

yaonotyo Member

lmfao:D

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Is this the gym with the glass windows that is facing Taco Cabana across the street? It if is I work at the building RIGHT NEXT to it. I need to start looking in that place alot more now. :)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OMG!! :D :D :D

You owe me a keyboard! :p

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Was the ferrari baby blue?

I bumped into Horry before at my moms building on Richmond. I wanted to get his autograph but i was too nervous... :D

11. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

LOL :D

12. R0ckets03

Damn I am a HOTTIE! :D

I emailed the picture to Rockhead and he said he will post it on here. He is not a moron like me when it comes to computers and stuff.

Dave, yeah it is the glassy gym.

I did not personally see his Ferrari, so I dont know what color it is.

And one more thing, Horry looked to be in excellent shape already. Very cut.

13. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

DUDE... can i ask you something... How come yall were wearing suites and yall were at a gym... That kind of makes no sense... I never been to a gym and if i ever go to a gym i sure wouldnt take a suit with me... maybe its just me having a small brain... just a question though..

EDIT: I withdraw my question, dam my stupidness V_V

#13 SaVeThEpIgS88, Sep 21, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  14. sun12

sun12 Member

hahaha, your guys are nuts. That's no Horry, that's the movie star in Men in Black

15. R0ckets03

You mean its Will Smith I really saw?!?!?! :eek:

I seriously hope the last two posters are being sarcastic.

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

way to go R0ckets03!!

[​IMG]

17. drapg

drapg Member

[off topic]So how's that new workout / trainer / protein regimen working for ya Rockets03?[/off topic]

18. R0ckets03

I asked him to stay seated when taking the picture. Didnt want to look like a shrimp standing next to him.

The fact that I look a shrimp even him being seated cannot be helped.

And before somebody asks, I dont walk around with a digital camera. I have one of those camera phones. And good thing I saw him on Wednesday. My stupid phone died on Thursday.

19. R0ckets03

I've gained approximately 25 lbs since I started working out with him. Chest has grown four to five inches. And arms have grown about an inch and a half. The only bad thing about gaining weight is that you also gain it in the waist area. I still want to gain about 15 lbs before the cutting phase though.

20. drapg

drapg Member

Sweet.

Congrats.

And nice pic. The only person I see at my gym is a trainer who looks eerily like a smaller Ricky Williams.