1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RNC putting tens of thousands of lives at risk in Cleveland?[

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

So you would feel safer in a round bowl with 15,000 guns? Trump supporters and protestors with guns at the ready if they feel like they need to use them? This is a good idea? I think there i an assumption by the people who signed this petition that only the "right" people will be able to bring a gun in.

Also, if you're afraid of a terrorist then giving him a possible legal way to bring a gun into a public place probably isn't a great idea.

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Wait... sarcasm? Can't tell if you're being serious.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

We can only hope.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The "right" people are handgun license holders. Statistics have shown CHL holders to be a very law-abiding group of people. We should feel more safe surrounded by CHL holders than in the general public. And, the Republican National Convention should be absolutely rife with very responsible CHL holders, probably a subset of the CHL population that is even more law-abiding and responsible than the general CHL population. The Secret Service should be begging these people to bring their guns to make the job easier.

Look, this isn't my argument, but this is what I've been told about open carry and campus carry and numerous other conversations about how an armed society makes us safer. I don't even have to be sarcastic about this. If Republicans genuinely believe guns make us safer and genuinely believe in maximizing Second Amendment freedoms, they shouldn't be hiding behind the Secret Service. They should be decrying tyranny from the rooftops. The RNC is the last place in the world where guns should be banned. Unless of course, deep down inside they're maybe a little afraid that they aren't right and that guns might actually be dangerous.

5. rage

rage Member

Did they tell us all they need to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun? And they supposed to have tens of thousands of good guys with guns.
    Why the heck do they need the protection of cops, secret service people ... ?

Let those cops guard the school children, teachers like those at Sandy Hook and the likes.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. They should withdrawal the police and secret service from the convention and let the delegates use their guns to stop anything from happening.

7. g1184

g1184 Member

I can't believe they've suspended CHL holders' second amendment rights and handed it to the federal government. The feds didn't do **** in ID4, the only reason we beat that threat is because we finally put F-18s in the hands of ordinary citizens, in the hands of Joe the crop duster pilot. You and I can secure our own perimeters with a .44 Smith & Wesson better than any Obama lovin' secret service blowhard. It is our constitutional right to secure our personal property with force if necessary, how else are we going to get our money back if we get short-changed after buying an $8 hot dog? Liberals can't count! That extra dollar is my personal property! My .44 make sure all y'all kids don't grow.

Not only are our rights being trampled, but they're taking the responsibility of our own safety away from US and handing it to Obama! And then how long would it take before he shows up at my door to shake me down? You answer me that question. Unbelievable.

1 person likes this.