1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

because Superman didn't want to kill Batman, just stop him.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Also, Batman's use of technology. That suit he was wearing gave him protection, especially when the kryptonite was used.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Don't waste your time. This COMIC BOOK movie wasn't realistic enough for some folks.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Could you provide a 3d photo for me to evaluate? You can borrow my Nishika. I couldn't figure out how to use it. Here are some simple instructions on taking the picture.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AGPakl57PbI?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Who are you talking to? Not me surely. I didn't have any of the problems you listed. I just found it a really disappointing bore. That doesn't have anything to do with straying from the comics and I don't have any trouble suspending disbelief. I didn't find it hard to believe; I found it hard to sit through.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

And that's not the problem any of the critics had either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Movie was interesting. The beef was kind of weak. Just outta nowhere superman was a dick. The bat is dead? And why does every superhero action villain look the ******* same? Wasn't he on all the hulk movies and the avengers.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

They should've definitely had doomsday evolve into the glorious spiked version from the comics. He started growing them too late on.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have 3 or 4 dimensional pic?

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just stop.

12. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Saw the movie. I never read comics growing up although I did love the original Superman movies as well as the Batman cartoon as a kid. Im also a big fan of the Nolan trilogy.

Overall I really enjoyed this movie. Thanks to the horrendous critics' reviews, my expectations were on the floor so that might be a large part of why I liked it so much. Baffleck was the best Batman to date for sure. Just the voice upgrade alone immediately catapulted him above Bale IMO. The last 30 minutes were also a lot of fun and very well done.

One thing I hated that has been mentioned was
    Lex Luthor's character and role. It was such BS that throughout the entire movie he didn't get one scratch on him from Supes or Batman. When he was threatening Superman with Martha's life, Supes didnt even touch him. Why didn't Batman brand him at the end while he was in prison? That part really upset me. Other than that my wife and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to JL

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think he mentioned that if his goons didn't hear back from him or he died they would kill her instantly.

In reference to Batman, thinking is be reverted back to his old ways of not torturing criminals after the fight with Superman.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And don't forget that scene at the end with the now bald Lex Luthor ranting about the coming of Darkseid like he was one of his "believers". The Lex Luthor I remember was a LEADER and not some FOLLOWER. That scene made zero sense to me. And where in the hell did Bruce Wayne get precog abilities??? :confused:

Other takes:
    Lois sure can hold her breath underwater for long periods.
    Lex Luthor keeps his data servers in a glass case next to the kitchen??? REALLY???

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This was Lex Luthor playing the role of The Joker...without the green hair.

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Saw it, my six year old said it best. "I fell asleep during the first part but I woke up during the fights, those were cool!"

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

With the deleted scene, it makes it seem like maybe he was in communication with Darkseid or someone who knew him. Maybe he was promised to be a leader also by helping him or he sees Darkseid as a tool to get what he wants. Lex has all of that knowledge that he gained from the ship and could know all kinds of stuff that we weren't aware of. Hopefully they clear that up in Justice League. I agree about the servers. Kinda funny but once again it is a comic book movie. Lois annoyed me in MoS and in this too. Too big of a role.

18. dragician

dragician Member

rest in peace superman

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Still doesn't explain the Zuckerberg with syphilis persona.

Maybe that's Snyder's cruel caricature of a stereotypical Millennial elite, but I still expect Luther to have the personality and profound confidence of a suave black man who lives and rules a world infinitely slower and stupider than he is.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As a sidenote and a more D&D-ish thought, those cameos by "real reporters" and personalities just made me smdh about how mainstream news and entertainment continue to have zero distinction between each other while everyone just passively accepts and acknowledges. That bit where Nancy Grace "parodies" herself as a shrill **** is yet another nod at how stupid or lazy the audience/public Snyder thinks it is.

2 people like this.