1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montrezl Harrell shoves referee in NBDL game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Mar 28, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good lord do we need that on the Rockets though, someone that cares and has a nasty streak.

That being said he needs to be suspended, I doubt he even knew it was a ref, but he should have....

DD

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This organization is void of leaders in the form of coaching and mentoring players. It's really starting to show. Morey better correct it quickly.

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

this team's culture sucks. only quick fix that i see is a strong-minded coach. other than that... start saying "toodles" to these angry, pissy attitude having, no free throw hitting arse fools as soon as the season is over.

argh! worst season i've ever seen. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Well, they won today. Only as good as your last game :)

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good side is: I doubt the twitter world will say this is worse than stomping a homeless man.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Pretty messed up, but maybe he'll push the team/coach next to play harder :) I mean once he gets called back up...

Anyway this'll probably be a pretty bad suspension.

7. houtown

houtown Member

Seems like a heat of the moment thing, possibly not a big deal, possibly suspended a few games and probably move on from the moment. Possibly would be nice if the Rockets put up the some of the same fight during the game.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

happy birthday clutch

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Happy birthday Clutch (dave)!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Happy B-day!

11. Ranny

Ranny Member

it only took until post #35 for someone to blame this on Harden :rolleyes:

12. Albinoswordfish

I'm mostly a lurker on this site, but wow after reading this I had to respond.

How can you compare missing a call by a ref to shoving an official? Those two things are completely different. If you shoved another employee at your company you would probably be immediately fired.

Just touching a ref is usually a game suspension. This is easily a MULTI-game suspension.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ranny

Ranny Member

It happens in soccer all the time, refs and linesmen are rated game by game, if they have a bad game they usually get suspended. the sanctions vary in each country and tourney but suspensions for bad refs are quite common.

on the other hand in soccer that kind of shove on a ref could lead to as much as a 6 month suspension....

14. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

this made me love montrezl even more

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

No excuse, but it's interesting that it was the same team as before.

16. MattM

MattM Member

I watched it, and they made it sound a lot worse than the what it was.

17. valorita

valorita Member

Is it me or is everyone seeing this differently?
    I thought Harrell was an innocent bystander who the other player thought hit him in the head when in reality, it was Harrell's teammate that made an unnecessary play at the end.
    Montrez got pushed for nothing and he reacted.
    I wasn't sure he was looking at the ref but difficult to tell. Past behaviour is best indicator of future so if he has multiple offenses, then he might be a loose canon.
    However, the refs are dumb.
    When two people are fighting, is it logical that people half the size of the guys involved be in between flaring tempers? Thats just asking for trouble.
    Players don't really want to fight anyways and there is no reason for the refs to touch/grab/hold someone in a "hold me back" moment.
    If its serious then they wouldnt be able to do much anyways as exhibited by the clear out that happened with a hard shove by Montrez.

My solution is if you fight, the you should get suspended/fined for a month. 2nd offense is the season. 3rd offense is banned from nba.

You're welcome Adam Silver.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Completely unacceptable. I don't care if he knew it was a ref or not, he shoved an official and that's an automatic suspension and fine IMO. He should be done for this year, and should be suspended to start next season to make sure this costs him some NBA games, and not just D-League games.

He should have been in our rotation ahead of Jones for most of the season. I love his game and his passion, but he's has to reign this crap in. A player that can be easily antagonized or flustered can be a major liability.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Budenholzer bumped an official earlier this season and wasn't suspended.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/refere...g-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-224059956.html

My issue was with the counsel's extreme, holier-than-thou wording. If you're incapable of reading an analogy without thinking "OMG, you're comparing X to Y," then don't worry about it. If you want to discuss it further, though, I'm happy to.

If Harrell were fined and suspended 1 game for this act, why would that constitute a "green light" for violence against officials? Why would 2 games instead of 1 make all the difference? Furthermore, if not suspending someone for multiple games gives a "green light" for said action to continue, then by that same logic, you're saying other disciplinary measures are not strong enough to dissuade poor behavior. From there, it's fair to wonder if those same disciplinary measures would be strong enough on other transgressions.

This incident happened Saturday night, and now it's Tuesday morning. Why do you think we weren't talking about it until last night? The media and fans at the game saw it. It was being broadcast. No one thought much of it until the NBRA and its counsel decided to throw a temper-tantrum over it yesterday with their hot-headed press release. Furthermore, as I posted back on page 1, this is FAR FROM the first time Lee Seham has pulled a stunt like this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ciation-in-war-of-words-over-mike-budenholzer

Let the NBA handle the situation as they deem fit and under the power granted to them within the NBRA's agreement and the CBA.

#59 The Cat, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, this season really needs to come to an end. Getting tired of this ****.

Can't wait for Astros baseball, NFL Draft and Texans offseason. :)

#60 Rockets34Legend, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016