1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Worst Rockets Year Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Mar 27, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Even wins feel bad, because we are playing against everything that basketball stands for. This off-season better be a real head coach and some good solid players with almost everybody gone from this roster. Start anew, that's the only thing that keeps me from thinking this is the worst ever.

2. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

At least Dallas is sucking even worse.

3. conquistador#11

this is the year i expected last year. i guess the basketball gods always have a way to even things out.

1 person likes this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

This is the most disappointing season I can remember as a Rockets fan. I just hope we don't make the playoffs as that would only prolong this death by a thousand cuts season this has turned into.

The question I have is where do we go from here?

1 person likes this.
  5. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

It's hard to define a season like we're having now when you really don't have a coach to speak of and a system to play in. J.B. is more of a player/coach and of course the guys really like this. But in all seriousness, I have the greatest respect for this guy, but we really need a head coach and some type of system to play in. Presently, we're just throwing guys in there just to see what works or doesn't work. Like I've said in previous post, this team needs to be broken up. That's just the bottom line. It is what it is. Even if we make the playoffs, we're get bounced in the first round. This is an organization that just needs to start looking toward rebuilding this franchise, and first and far most getting a proven head coach. That's all we can expect as fans to hope happen in the near future.

6. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

The whole problem for me:

It's unwatcheable even when we win.

Three and D can be entertaining, even beautiful. But what is being served the last years is becoming progressively less attractive. This is unnecessary... there's no reason why an efficient system should be this unattractive.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is the most disappointing team I've ever seen. I've been a fan since '71, so I've seen every team since they moved to Houston. Some of the teams from the late '80's were very disappointing, but this year is even worse.

I've never seen a team that just refuses to get back on defense. They just don't care.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL WUT

A new Lin fan claiming to be a fan since 71. As tinman would say, all Lin fans are liars.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

that makes nobody feel better

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets are about 1 game ahead of the Mavericks after they were expected to be about 20 games ahead of the Mavericks.

Not sure they're "sucking worse" than us...

11. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I couldn't sleep thinking about what a failure of a season this is. It just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't wait to put it behind me.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I know, and I truly deserve to be bashed for giving up on my Rockets. I havent' done this in any year since I've been following them in the late 80s. Just couldn't stomach it after a while.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hyperbola is fun

Rocket River

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I´m really pissed off because the lack of respect this group of players have shown to us as fans is mesmerizing. Nobody give us the money and time to follow this team, we do it working hard, not taking shortcuts. And I´m expecting the same thing of the teams I follow.

I can not demand a Championship, look, years like these, two of the greatest teams in the story of the game. But I can demand that, after every game, I can go to sleep not feeling like a loser for moving everything else out of my life just to see a game where 12 men don´t care about the team they represent.

I really stopped watching religiously last week when we got to 9th place. Last night we were coming back right in the 3rd quarter but I had a play, all year long I´m telling no to every invitation, so of course I said, **** it, let´s leave this team, just when KJ was the only one playing defense. It was so sad to leave the game after all these years watching, but I won´t wait anymore.

15. alethios

alethios Member

I can tell you've given up - your rants are usually a lot more...colorful

I'm still watching this train wreck because it's hard to pull myself away, but this will be an interesting off-season. I wonder if the 2016 Olympics will get Harden back on track defensively and in better playing shape come next season.

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First time I've ever hoped the Rockets would miss the playoffs. I still think Morey's a great GM, but it's obvious the team culture needs a major overhaul. I really hope they get a new hard ass coach, who also knows what he is doing. If that alienates, or drives away, some players, so be it. I can't watch the game they're playing this season.

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Same with me, basically. I haven't watched many games since a little after Christmas, and I normally watch 75+ games per season. The last (partial) games I watched were against the TWolves in mid January and then against the Cavs the next game. That Cavs game was so bad I left with a minute remaining in the 2nd quarter. I remember wanting to leave the TWolves game almost from the opening whistle. I have not watched more than 5 minutes since.

Hell, I have been unloading my season tickets for any price. Spending one hour in the car (round trip), $5-15 on parking, and $26 on two beers only to want to leave in the middle of the second quarter just isn't worth the effort any more. Watching terrible shooters miss 3s all game long is not entertaining.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not sure if srs.

Mike Newlin was one of the original Rockets "stars," such as we had any back in the day. He looked a lot like sasquatch, and this is one of many reasons I have trouble taking the current thread topic seriously. We had some DREADFUL years, folks. Just look at this:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much this.

20. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Not everything is about Lin ****face.

1 person likes this.