1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs or Draft pick? Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
?

Playoffs or Draft pick - which do you think is best for the Rox?

1. Playoffs

82 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Number 1 Draft pick

182 vote(s)
    68.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3rd option

buy second round picks

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is the most disappointing team since 2006 when we learned that we had two glass superstars anchoring our franchise for years to come. We make every game close late and win A little less than half of them, but in reality since we are so godawful every first quarter, we're probably losing in over 80% of the minutes played this year. This year the Rockets have probably caused me more grief than pleasure. They have been a net negative impact on my productivity at work and my happiness at home. My life overall would be better were it not for the 2015-2016 Rockets season.

It needs to end sooner than later, and unceremoniously at that. These aren't your defending champ Rockets. The 6th seed is not worth it. The players hate each other, and we in turn hate them. Morey has tied our boat to no one but James Harden at this point, and it is time that we pulled the escape hatch on most of them and start from scratch at building a team with honest to goodness chemistry. Just hope that Dwight plays well enough from here on out so that he won't be compelled to exercise his player option to return. What a disaster...

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well if the DMo trade had gone through we could have had both. It was a no-brainer trade but for some reason there were people here who were against it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

4 games against the Warriors or Spurs with this poor excuse for a team ain't worth it

Draft pick

5. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I am all for playoff games even if we get swept....at least those 4 games will get us closer to next season.....

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey lottery pick makes me feel sad.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Can't we still trade DMo for a pick? If our bbs is any indication, his value probably increases significantly if he has just one seasoned, eyeball-popping game in the playoffs.

8. Lightsnowaction

He will be a Restricted FA.

9. heypartner

That didn't stop us from trading him for a draft pick once before. Are you saying we are not allowed to trade upcoming FAs on draft day to a team who wants his RFA status after witnessing an eyeball popping playoff game.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

we got ****ed over in the Ty trade and threw away, this is the perfect season to tank. As long as the team stays even marginally profitable Les will never agree to tanking.

I don't understand the logic of some wanting to get swept in the 1st. 4 additional ass spankings vs getting possibly a 6th pick.

11. heypartner

6th pick, lols.

We probably have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting the 1-3 pick, than we do getting the 6th pick. Why not just say "vs getting possibly a top 3 pick" instead.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ignore the obvious idiots trying to troll the thread - pick your poison and ignore the creatures.

DD

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lottery picks are always fun to project... We already know the outcome of being an 8th seed...

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Ironically, I was quoting you :grin:.

I asked you what the highest possible we could attain was if we lost all our remaining games (and our tanking competition won theirs)----and you said 6th. I didn't verify it or mean 6th in a literal sense...just assumed heypartner knew what he was talking about and that he wouldn't get attacked by another heypartner.

1 person likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I assume you know how this organization handles player turnover...so why would it matter if X,Y,Z got thrashed in 4 games vs Golden State in the 1st round when X,Y,Z and a big portion of the team is going to be gone in a season? They've already acknowledged the end of the Howard/Harden experiment, everybody else on this team is fair game to kick off.

1 person likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Draft pick but the way Dallas is playing, we might be in by default

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

pick. i dont want to see this rockets team in the playoffs especially if its JB at the helm.

18. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

14th pick with a percentage chance of winning the lotto in a deep draft class or watching the team get swept?

Gimme the pick.

19. malakas

malakas Member

the pick can easilly be no.12.
    Our seed on the other hand with the way things look like, can be tops no.7. So vs the Spurs.

I don't know how to answer thsi poll. Normally I would be all for tanking than getting swept but the Rockets plan to test Free agents and get stars this way.
    Don't see how a team that failed to even make the playoffs can convince stars to come here.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I definitely want them to miss the playoffs. The problem is the teams around the Rockets in the standings keep losing as well. Plus our final 4 games are against crappy teams who'll likely be tanking. So unless this organization intentionally tries to lose these games down the stretch in order to hang onto that lottery pick, we're likely looking at a 7th or 8th seed finish and a first round asswhooping courtesy of the Spurs or Warriors.

And no, I don't believe for a second Rockets management and ownership would wanna miss the playoffs. Les wouldn't because he's a short-sighted, penny-pinching moron who'll be fixated on the extra revenue from a few playoff games. And Morey sure as hell doesn't wanna wind up in the lottery since that would increase the odds he'd be fired.