1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we suck : Analytic Perspective

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HtownRock, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

True, but isn't it also an advantage to have crappy teammates so you get most of your team's WS?

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's built very badly around Harden. It needs to be built well.

And I agree that getting Durant and Horford are pipe dreams, which is why I say we need to dump roster and RE-build around Harden before.

3. neruto

neruto Member

I guess it depends, 'cause AD and Cousins are both very good individually, but have terrible WS because their team is simply not winning, mostly due to not having good enough players surrounding them (more applies to AD than Cousins, though)

You can think of it as, if the size of the pie is 50 and you're taking half of its share, which is 25, that is still less than taking just 30% of the pie whose size is 100, which would be 30.

The size of the pie matters, so to speak.

But yeah, theoretically you can take 90% of 50 is 45, and then that would be greater than 30% of 100, so the share matters too as you say, but if you look at the WS ranking most of top players invariably come from winning teams, and a superstar on a losing team usually have unimpressive WS.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This, people are acting like because he used one stat that it's not valid but it's merely one stat that points to the obvious. The people are arguing in this thread really don't have a leg to stand because even if you look deeper and test that you can find will point to Harden being an all star and everyone else playing like crap. At the same time we have to know Harden is human and not perfect but a damned good basketball player.

5. adobo

adobo Member

I interpret those data differently. I see other players in these team not being utilised or developed properly to contibute in box score metrics for wins for this team. Its reliant too heavily on one player....again its on the coaches.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

did OP get banned :confused: ? I was posting every other second at the beginning and has disappeared.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can't leave rep, yep, he was banned.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yep he was banned but my sauces tell me he is back as neruto.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin: I thought the same thing.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Banned again.

Clutchfans is not like other cheap sites where you can get away with creating multiple accounts to troll. Ask DD :grin:

Clutchfan detectives are seasoned campaigners and consummate professionals who will retire a Clutchfan.