1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Take-Two disrespects Hakeem in 2K16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Mar 26, 2016.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dear Take- Two Interactive,
    I have supported your games for a long time, but we need to talk about your portrayal of The Dream. When I play with him, it seems more like a nightmare. There is no smooth, cat-like agility. The post moves are slow and remind me it’s a video game, versus making me feel like I’m watching real players.

There is no fluidity. And yes, this is a complaint people have about most of the game and its players, however Hakeem deserves better than that. He just doesn’t move right. He’s too slow. On top of that, I just watched him get dunked on several times and racked up zero blocks because the players go over and around him with no problems.

So, I started investigating and noticed Hakeem overall rating is suspiciously low… a 93? The second best player of the ‘90s and hands down the best PF/C... rated a 93?

[​IMG]

To start, his steals are rated really low, despite his demonstrated abilities. His quickness ratings are also embarrassingly low, as is his midrange shot. But the worst thing, and most unforgivable thing, is his block rating: an 87.

Do you not know basketball? Do you not know he was the all-time block leader in the NBA? Did you guys not watch any of the games from the ’90s? Did you not do your homework? Did Spike Lee try to recreate the Knicks Rockets finals when he was at your studio, get mad, throw a controller, and get you guys to bringing his stats down so Ewing can play better against him? Maybe you just aren’t fans of Houston.

I can’t figure out if it’s a seething hatred of Hakeem and the Rockets that is driving you to this lackluster portrayal, or just an unforgivable amount of ignorance. I suggest you go and at least Wikipedia who Hakeem is, maybe go to NBA.com, or even ask someone who watches basketball regularly, because it seems like you haven’t done that much.

If you can’t even get his block rating right, how can you get the other players right? It’s more likely just laziness and ignorance, but you can’t think that’s OK if you want to be the best NBA game going forward. Someone younger, hungrier and with a basic knowledge of basketball, will come around and make a game that actually does what 2k is trying to do: make a realistic basketball game.

Right now, it’s just a shoddy portrayal, but it’s not the only one. You are failing at portraying a lot of other players. You owe it to the fans to give them an accurate portrayal of these teams and players, and if you can’t even get the block-rating correct on the all-time block leader in the NBA, then what hope do you have with anything else. I have lost faith in your franchise and eagerly await a patch to fix this. Do what you were doing that made you the best game on the market. Do what you do best. Be the developer that shows they know basketball.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    A link to his stats: on 2k16 http://www.2khead.com/16/players/4370-hakeem-olajuwon

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

You were the only one brave enough to stand up say what every one was thinking

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's kind of silly. Jordan doesn't even play anything like himself. If they won't bother with the GOAT, they won't bother with Hakeem or any legends.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bastids...

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can't you go edit his block rating yourself?

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

i hate to break it to you but 2k doesn't give a **** about its fans. they know people pick up the copy next year like cod fans.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I actually picked up Rainbow Six Siege and never looked back, way better than COD. Until another player comes into play for NBA games, 2K is still king by a long shot over Live.

I don't hate 2K, but I don't enjoy it like I used to. It's fallen off pretty bad.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's a website that has hakeem's stats. Compare the player from 2015 to 2016 and you see he was nerfed heavily.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

keep up the good work, destroy evil

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Played further games with hakeem and Otis Thorpe plays better... We need this to get fixed. 2k fans... Join the movement and write them.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK so an update on the TAKE2 complaint I filed.... I have been communicating with their customer support and so far I have not been given a very good answer as to why the rating is completely below par. They basically gave me this:

Thank you for contacting 2K Support, we really appreciate it.

I understand that you’ve got some feedback about Hakeem Olajuwon's stats in NBA 2K16 – and we are so glad you’ve reached out to us! Your feedback helps us improve the NBA 2K series with each year’s planned release, so thank you kindly for your support. I too love to share my observations and ideas with the 2K community and the best place to do so is on the 2K Forums, using the link below:

Because you’re playing on a Current Generation console, please go to the 2K Forums to share your thoughts and feedback about Hakeem's stats with us.

2K is constantly monitoring these threads to help improve our games and to help us touch base with the only thing that keeps our games strong: The Community! We want the experience of NBA 2K16 to be the best it can be, and we wouldn’t be able to accomplish that without players like you.

If ever you have any additional questions or concerns related to our 2K titles, please do not hesitate to contact us again – we will be happy to help. In the meantime, have a great day!

Sincerely,

Malgorzata Z.
    2K Support

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

ALSO I am done with 2k. Screw their profit driven card game agenda.

16. FearTheBeardJH

there is 98 rated version of Hakeem, don't know why you complain.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not on the actual roster in game play. That's why.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Screw 2k, NBA JAM is the game!

[​IMG]

19. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/onOhIOsWh50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

yeah he's a boss... in the weird, make-your-own-team mode where you collect cards, which some are special high stat cards. But this is a basketball game. When I pick the Rockets championship team, I expect them to be the good version of the player and not the watered-down version. It's all going back to poor planning and greed on part of the company for putting "microtransactions" first. They are counting on kids wanting to play the card game thing and wanting people to pay for the higher value players. It's a joke.