1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Season tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

That's nice. I think?

2. Play07

Play07 Member

-prices need to do more than just stay the same they should go down.

-& more perks need to come back

-anyone know pricing changes from their rep? they sent out the pre-renewal forever red Email few weeks ago, but no prices until official email comes.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't renew for this season....talk about dodging a bullet.

4. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I will not be renewing for the first time in 13 years....not paying for this garbage anymore....unless they bring a lot of the perks back. .and I mean ALOT...

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Wow 13 yrs yeah I'm sure they will do something to keep you

6. REEKO_HTOWN

I'm waiting for a full rebuild to buy in again. I had more fun in 2011 (Lowry, K-Mart, T-WILL!) with $100 in concession cash, meeting the team and getting autographs, better parties and free upgrades.

I'd love to watch a young raw team grow instead of whinny pros.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

They should request Les to return their money

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not renewing is the best decision I made in a lonnnnnng time.

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Worst thing I ever bought in my life

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Anybody still renew when they released information a few weeks back ?

I didn't, & they stopped the program where if u miss a few games you can redeem tickets for later In the year

They got too cocky

11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I renewed. Said "**** it, why not?" and just continue my support for them. I have fun going, it stresses me the **** out especially this season but I can't not support them.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Props to you man !! but I couldn't do it anymore, fasho not a full season

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to renew. I thought about it, but the Rockets have actually managed to make me hate basketball this year. I can't even enjoy the historical season the Warriors and Spurs are having. Sucks ass.

Maybe Morey will take his head out of his ass and hire a good coach rather than a yes man.

14. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Just by the small chance we make playoffs this year, what happens if I don't renew for next year for this years playoffs tickets?

15. Ol Bill Worrell

I believe you still receive your seats as long as you pay up front for all of the possible playoff home games. Then they refund for any games that don't occur.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's supposed to happen is STHs who want to upgrade get to move up. And if any one is on a waiting list, then get called. Then you can get tix back after them. In other words, you lose you spot in line.

And trust me, it doesn't matter how bad the year is, people are *always* wanting to move up. You will lose your spot in line. Rockets won't change this policy based on disappointment. They must be consistent, otherwise people will second guess their sales policy each year....and ppl will get pissed if changes are made that are unfavorable, like clemency for not believing and allowing you to get your spot back in line.

But if you have crappy seats to begin with, you're be able to get comparables after a season like this.

17. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Yea, my seats are not anything special 433 row 3. I have four seats. Seriously debating if I want to renew or not.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

This is true but there's a catch. Did it last year when i chose not to renew. You also have to pay a slightly higher price compared to renewing STH for those seats. It's still cheaper than buying them when they go on sale to the general public BUT...

YOU HAVE TO BUY TICKETS FOR 16 PLAYOFF GAMES IN ADVANCE AND THE PRICES INCLUDE ESCALATORS PER ROUND!

Bull****. They refund you the games they don't make it to. So say the Rockets make the playoffs. Say you'll pay $40 a seat for the first round, $50 second round, $80 WCF, and $150 finals.

They tell you you have to pay $1280 per seat in advance to secure your seat for the playoffs. I waited 2 weeks till after the WCFs to get a $500 refund.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You probably don't need to stress about doing the renewal to reserve playoff tix. You'll get a chance to buy comparable season tix later. You'll just lose your regular season price for playoffs. First round tix will be easy to come by. But will likely go for double you current price each game, increasing with each extension of games sold.

20. Ol Bill Worrell

I see. I've considered it for awhile and I never really understood how the playoffs work. Thanks for clarifying.