1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets jerseys now available...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketeer, Sep 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I am a bit disappointed myself with the "HOUSTON" being left out on the road jersey. I do hope the stripes are more silver than the dark grey like most of you said. But overall, I'm quite impressed. We all wanted something simple, traditional and new, futuristic at same time (after all, we have NASA here for goodness sake). I was wondering how we could have jerseys with classic and space-age feel at the same time, but this design couldn't have done much better at doing just that. I am quite impressed with the fact that the designer was able to do that. The jerseys are plain and traditional, yet the little effects (font, stripes) give it the space-age, futuristic feel to it and THAT is exactly why she was hired for the job.

2. ESource

ESource Member

Well, for the people who live in H-Town and want to represent the city, leaving off "Houston" just plain sux!!!:( At the very least, they should give the consumers the option of being able to buys jerseys with "Houston" on it if they were so inclined. To not give people the option just sux!!!:mad:
    Still, the new unis are GREAT looking!!!

#162 ESource, Sep 20, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hey, it's weekend, people are suppose to have free!

5. Sane

Sane Member

FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw them is the Chinese National Team (soccer).

If anyone else follows soccer and remembers China's jerseys, they'll know what I'm talking about. ESPECIALLY the white one, it looks EXACTLY like something the Chinese National Team could wear and strikingly similar to the one they wore around 1997.

[​IMG]

#165 Sane, Sep 20, 2003
  6. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

I had the exact same thought...

man who are we paying for this stuff...they look great but where is the originality:
    logo looks like QUAKE
    jersey looks like a soccer teams jersey

hopefully i can work the rox and make a living from stealing ideas from others.

7. pelusillo

pelusillo Member

I agree, maybe to have one of the jerseys say HOUSTON, would've been nice. Like the ASTROS have, some say Houston, and some say ASTROS.

Of course they have like 5 unis.

And actually the ROX and the NBA should make more money out of having more Jerseys, the demand will be high for the ones with HOUSTON on them.

8. blu_monkey

blu_monkey Contributing Member

maybe the rox could do a sunday alternate jersey with "Houston"...

i'm thinking silver with red trim would look cool (too many black jerseys in the L, already). of course, it would have to be a year away due to NBA rules, granted they complete the paperwork this season.

9. Bruce

Bruce Member

I dont like these at all

they look like something from star trek

Bring back the Red and Gold!!!
    :(

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Would it be possible in the future to issue the new style with retired players? Like, an Olajuwon, Drexler, or Malone in these?

If not, does the NBA still do the custom jersey deal? I hated how they only offered #1 or #33 though.

11. yaosaballar

yaosaballar Member

They are authentic. They are $170. These are the new jerseys. They are not changing them. Eastbay is a top site, they don't post bs.

12. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

I am sure that the ones they will send you (in October) will be authentics but as for the picture shown, I am holding to my belief that those are Reebok replicas.

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

These new jerseys are a bit of an improvement over the pinstripe crap the Rockets have been wearing. However, the jerseys are still too flawed for me to consider them to be good. Especially the road jerseys.

14. okthom

okthom Contributing Member

THEY ARE NOT REPLICAS!!......replicas have the reebok logo right below the nba logo, and the numbers and letters are screened on. as u can see, they are stiched on.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

well how would you explain that all the pics they have for the jerseys are the SAME one and has been photoshopped again and again? honestly, i HATE the shoulder cut...it's too damn wide and that's why i think this is just a MOCK UP of what the real thing looks like . i'm just holding out hoping that the shoulder cut is smaller and that the white stripes comes back (like from the cuttino pic). sure they might have it on sale for 170 and there's no reebok logo saying that it's a replica, but it IS a photoshopped picture.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

The home unis are sweeeeeet, but I hope the road ones would be more of a true crimson, and less of the washed-out red they look like in those photos. I also hope the silver isn't so drab-gray looking.

Here's a touch-up that's more what I had in mind when I first heard about the crimson/silver color scheme. The ones on the left are what I was thinking we'd get, and the ones on the right are what it looks like we're stuck with. BIG difference.

[​IMG]

Either way, though. It's a huge improvement over the pajamas. I always thought they should have made those old unis with long pants that had little feet sewn into them.

17. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Topfive, those unis on the left is exactly how I thought they would look like too. Those are much better, and actually seem more accurate to the mobley pics and the screenshots of NBA Live. They reallly need to change that gray to silver.

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

48 is the size...

it comes in 40, 44, 48, 52, 56 ,60
    sizes are larger ascending

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

While I was playing around in Photoshop, I tried to combine the unis from the championship years with the new design. Here's what I came up with. I'm not sure I like it, but it's kind of interesting:

[​IMG]

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Yellow (or Gold) just doesn't mix well with Red.

I don't like.

Reminds me of Purple and Brown. They don't mix. I mean, look at them. They are too brash and loud!

At most the older ones had a small amount of gold.

#180 DavidS, Sep 20, 2003