1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/22/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One other thing Jason Terry is HORRIBLE - he doesn't play any defense at all.

DD

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stay away Rockets. Be Happy.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I ain't even mad. Season's been over for awhile. Tank for Buddy Hield. He'll likely be gone by our pick, but maybe we'll get lucky or can trade up. If not him, Grayson Allen. I don't even want to make the playoffs to get swept in the first round. This team does not deserve an appearance.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Love the (probably predominantly younger) posters on the board blasting Harden. 5 turnovers, okay, not great, but 16 assists, and if not for him, we would have been wiped out. Plus he gutted it out on a bad ankle.

Harden can drive you crazy sometimes, but give him some credit where it's due.

6. alethios

alethios Member

There were many cringe-worthy moments on defense, and a lot were courtesy of Dwight. He doesn't control the paint like he used to. It's almost as if he invites people into the paint and serves them a cocktail.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I blame this loss on JBB for playing Brewer 21 mins with 1-6 3pts in total.

PATHETIC....

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

#PICKCHASE
    #LETSGETTHISPICK

9. j3i

j3i Member

That dunk he allowed after Terry's 3. He really can't keep up with anyone anymore.

10. Badrose

Badrose Member

Can't believe you are trashing DH for not catching that high pass/bullet! And even if he was able to get the ball, the pass was so distant from the basket that the whole OKC team had time to eat DH alive. Why don't we talk about the balls the brainless Harden thrown away in the final minutes?

11. shlhl

shlhl Member

should just shoot the 3 for the win instead of trying tie the game.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

Really? Because Harden has never taken big shots at the end of games?

The pass wasn't 100% perfect but still a good pass that was easily catchable. It was a good basketball decision for what could have been an easy bucket. I know of a few other centers that would have caught that and dunked it. Missed play, it sucks but it happens.

Also, I'm pretty sure that if Harden had taken that shot and missed, instead of passing it off to a rather open Dwight, you would have come out and blamed him for taking a contested shot and being an ISO-maniac, etc.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is a big problem with Dwight and one that has been expressed before this game and this was a perfect example. Passes have to be perfect for Dwight to catch and I mean Dwight half the time he doesn't even look up the other half he fumbles it, he's looking down on offense not even at the guy with ball so it's hard to create for him because he's never ready. We saw this in the Atlanta game as well. People were trying to blame Harden but when you reply it, it wasn't a bad pass. So you're right that pass was catchable for someone else not Dwight and it's another reason he doesn't seem to get more touches. This isn't hate it's just the truth but people defending him will swear you hate him just for noticing the truth. `

14. Blickas

Blickas Member

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dwight is a joke on defense compared to what he used to be. The Rockets would be insane to resign him this offseason.

This game may have been a blessing in disguise. I almost want them to lose to Utah tonight so they fall out of the playoff picture and hopefully remain there. There's nothing to be gained from a bad first round loss.

16. mingthething

mingthething Member

CJ McCollum ‏@CJMcCollum 12h12 hours ago
    He needed that stick-um #toosoon?

CJ mCcOLLUM sAVAGE AF.

17. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Dwight is lazy on the court, no defense awareness. Can't believe it.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Only got to watch pretty much the first half.

We were up 10 at one point, then Corey Brewer came in and within
    a couple of minutes that lead was gone. Funny how that works.

Was surprised to find out that we were even in this game at the end.
    We did better than I expected actually. But the outcome (L) same was what
    I had expected.

But we won the 'moral' victory! We kept it close.
    That counts for something, right?

19. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

The sooner the season ends the better.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

I can't believe we were in this game, so it's not as bad as some make it out to be. I have to say that last play was just unfortunate. There's three other plays that stood out: 4-on-1 fast break against Harden where he didn't make WB commit, the Adams dunk off the inbound where Harden didn't rotate over and Howard got so easily picked off so he should've been standing there in the paint and the last minute where they tried to put pressure on them and Howard was the only one back and let Roberson dunk. Not necessarily on the guys on the last 2 plays, but positioning wise it failed and just not smart. J.B. also continues with his love for Brewer, which will cost us in the play-offs.