1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

calvin???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lenny34, Feb 20, 2001.

1. lenny34

lenny34 Member

Any one know why calvin is not on tonight? I just turned on the game.

------------------

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Ear Infection. He will be out till he is better. Get well soon calvin, we miss your ugly suits.

The sub commentator , I dont remember his name but he is doing a very nice job.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Yea, the subcommentator is doing a nice job. He played with dream in college.I think his name is Reed Getteys.

------------------

4. lenny34

lenny34 Member

Glad to hear it is nothing serious. At times like this, I realize how much fun calvin brings to the games. I always look forward to seeing what the hell he is going to wear.. and say. I miss you murph. Hope you are back soon.

------------------

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Yeah I was about to post on how good a job Reed Gettyes (spelling?) is doing. He really knows basketball and you can tell he seems prepared etc. Very good job done by Reed. Wish I had an email or something address so I could tell him that we appreciated the job he did tongiht

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe Bill got some cookies tonight.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

7. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Get well soon Calvin, remember to eat plenty of chicken noodle and cookie soup. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

8. wink3

wink3 Member

It's all explained in the Chronicle:

Gettys to rescue

Rockets television announcer Calvin Murphy was forced to miss Tuesday's game and to skip the trip Tuesday evening for tonight's game in Minnesota with an ear infection. Former University of Houston guard and assistant coach Reid Gettys filled in on Tuesday.

"This is a thrill for me," Gettys said. "I feel like I won a contest. My parents had season tickets to the Rockets since they moved to Houston. We used to go to every game in Hofheinz Pavilion. I was a pocket Rocket with Cliff Meely and Rudy White and Otto Moore."

With Gettys unavailable tonight to broadcast the Texas A&M-Oklahoma State game, former Rockets forward Jim Peterson was enlisted to fill in.

------------------
    Don't look at the feet