1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight doesn't see himself as a Rocket next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm not upset. He's right. Were better off parting ways. We won't get Durant either, but that is okay. We will have a lot of money to spend on All Star or near All Star level role players around Harden which might be a better way to build than the 2 star system which just doesn't work anymore. We need a proper coach and don't just throw big money at guys who aren't worth it just because we can.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that people are crowning Beasley a bit too quickly. His entire career he was an inefficient chucker, I don't see any reason to think that's not what he still is simply because he's been on a hot streak recently.

That said, I like what he can bring off the bench and he's still looking like an awesome pickup.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Dwight and Josh to ATL makes way too much sense..

4. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

If DMo is completely healthy, I would give him a change to be our starting Center. If the Clippers starts to fade next season, there is even a chance morey can trade for Djordan.

We'll be fine without Dwight.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't buy the notion that the Rockets misused Dwight. Of course they want him to focus primarily on defense. Of course they didn't want to force the ball to him in the post. Of course they wanted him to run pick and roll after pick and roll.

I don't blame Dwight for never learning how to become a good post up player. It's not easy, especially in today's NBA. I do blame Dwight actively going away from what made him dominant on offense, though.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I doubt Atl wants them..don't fit with Coach Bud

7. Fantasma Negro

8. rockets13champs

Lol I think he goes to brooklyn and plays with brook lopez at pf

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

I feel the same. Don't really see him being here in the future. I think it's not only that he isn't seen as someone important in the plans in the future, it's that he's just not the same player that walked in a few years ago.

10. rockets13champs

If he goes to dallas or san antonio i would be livid tho

11. dream2franchise

Thanks Codman,

The plan has always been to design unis for teams. Just waiting on the chance. I've managed to rebrand a couple of teams here in Australia but they normally have uniform deals in place with another supplier.

As for the NBA inspired ones, not much I can do apart from design and share :)

12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Dallas is a threat to sign him. I don't see him being a Popovich kind of player. Then again I think they're going to change the intentional foul rules in the offseason so who knows

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Being a dwight fan, i hate how they use him since he has regressed in his athleticism. They are better off getting someone who defends and is 1/2 of dwights salary.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Please guys, stop acting like we involved him enough on offense. We cut his post touches (which is good) and didn't replace those shots with anything else - for a guy who shoots 60% and is an above average pick n roll threat.

We've been incompetent with our coaching this year. We should have milked more high efficiency points out of Dwight and we didn't. Looks like he might be gone and it's certainly not going to devastate us given our flexibility, but I am hoping we keep him at a fair price. Howard wins his matchup 8 out of every 10 games, never complains publicly, and is a pretty good defensive anchorman. That's worth $15m, and I hope we keep him for that price.

1 person likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if the team is gonna go full r****d then he should leave and so should harden. asusming dwight will give his full effort on his next team, he'll have a much better year there. what a colossal waste

its gonna be an interesting offseason for the rockets.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I don't blame the man at all! With his level of talent, he shouldn't want to be a support player on The James Hard-on Show.....

I had never been a fan of Dwight, but I appreciate the professionalism he has shown while he's been here!

I'm sure many will disagree, but sooner or later, people will see Harden for what he really is.... and not just what the boxscore shows....

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm another who agrees with subtomic. Very excited with what I've seen from Beaswax (Beaswax waxes the Warriors! News at 10!), so far, but I want to see consistent play the rest of the year, including whatever playoff "run" we have. Those anointing him as the #2 or the #3 cat on the team are wildly ahead of themselves, in my opinion.

As for Dwight, I'm a little surprised that this would come out during the season, but I'm assuming that in cyberx's "smoke" there's some fire. Not surprised that he would want to go elsewhere, though. If this season had been reasonably successful, perhaps the whole Howard situation would be different. We would continue to talk about what kind of contract Morey would offer him and speculate about whether he'd end up elsewhere, with Dwight staying on a $20 million a year for 3 years deal the most likely scenario, in my opinion.

Now it looks like we're in the market for a starting center this summer and it's adios to Dwight. I see Capela as a backup next year, not a starter. Not saying he isn't starting material someday, but I think he needs at least another off-season and season of work. We need a solid veteran starter at the 5 next year. Can we please, please have one who can make at least 60% of his free throws, Daryl? Pretty please?

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What would piss me off is if he went somewhere else and suddenly decided he want to actually set picks and get dunks and rebounds like he should have here all along. In the regular season he tries to be Hakeem it's not until the post season where he decides to stick to things that he's good at.

19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Showcase your screening and rolling ability (not the Beasley kind of rolling, though)

20. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

its been real