1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016-2017 Next Rockets Head Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blatt is an X's and O's guy it's not like Mchale where he has no idea what he's talking about and everyone knows so they don't pay attention in huddles.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

$10 trillion dollars for Coach K!

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

System and defense. And I'm not talking about iso being a system. Someone who emphasizes team on both ends of the court. Just go get Becky Hammon. Anyone from the Popovich network. Ime Udoka?

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Has Battier even indicated an interest in coaching? If so, has he had any experience?

The temperament, the wisdom and the respect are all there.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Thibs is the only right answer here.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Anyone, as long as they have a 'system' and hold players accountable (whatever that means).

-Joe Clutchfan

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is false "Joe Clutchfans" would say Thibs. It's a logical answer he's a good coach.

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

Mourinho is a free agent.... We want defense no? :cool::p

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

9 years and 4 coaches already, that is not enough?

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Monty Williams

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I nominate DaDakota or tinman...:eek:

If neither is up for the job SwoLy-D should get a shot!

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Elie is a better choice. He can keep Harden in line, improve our defense, he knows how to play on both ends of the floor. Battier's motivational speeches and tactics aren't going to be enough IMO.

Battier has not expressed any interest in coaching.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Battier has expressed that he doesn't want to do anything in basktball, so that's that.

Ellie may be good I don't know, but this team has James Harden whos hitting his prime right now. It's time to give him a top flight coach and see what happens.

Ppl really have to stop hoping for the next Steve Kerr. That was a lucky draw and he is great but in all honesty I think almost any coach would have had that team playing well, their GM constructed the perfect team and jerry west new what he was doing. Even had they kept Marc Jackson that team still would have won 60+ games last year.

We need a coach who has been there and done it at a very high level. Tom Thibbs is that guy. He's tough hard nosed coach whose been apart of some amazing teams. He's won a chip as a lead assistent and also coached a 60 win team in Chicago. He has Hardens respect which is key to getting him to fully realize his potential and take the team to the next level.

Grab thibs at all cost we can't keep screwing around. Once we landed howard we should have signed a championship level coach. Mchale did better than everyone thought I admit but he couldn't get his two main guys to buy in. First year was all about howard last year was Harden showing he's a superstar mvp caliber player and we had a lot of success 110 wins the last two year and a 2-2 playoff record but they lacked the cohesiveness that's needed and a good coach can provide.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale didn't have anything to buy in to.

15. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

I honestly think if Morey messes it up once again with the coaching decision, that's the final straw for him. I hope he learned his lesson and get a real coach, otherwise it's his ass that will be on the line.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

next season should be the year his job is on the line. i wanna give him a chacne to ge tout of this mess cuz he's been above avg here.

17. Aydge

Aydge Member

Thibs is who we want. What is there even to talk about here?

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Becky Hammon is the next great coach in waiting, but I doubt anyone outside the Spurs has the balls to hire her. Imo, whenever pop decides to step down, it's her to take

19. Habby52

Habby52 Member

You get Thibs and NO ONE ELSE! Why are people even talking about experimenting? We tried that, TWICE, and we actually went from bad to worse. We need someone with a proven and successful track record.

And Thibs is a defensive minded coach! Literally the one thing we don't have. Screw the whole "ex-rocket" coach thing. We'll just get screwed AGAIN, and harden will leave as soon as his contract is up.

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Battier would be extremely intriguing. Kerr was just a gm that got let go by the Suns. What didn't work one place might work somewhere else. Sam Cassell is another man I'd look at as well. If Horry wanted to coach I'd be up for grabbing him first. The man has worked under some of the best coaches in the NBA. I am sure some plays, plans and methods have rubbed off on him through out the years.