1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight hiring agent Perry Rogers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Mar 17, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Perry Rogers' first tidbit of professional advice for Howard: "You're a man. You're 30. I'm not sure you're aware of how silly you look... But lose the Mohawk."

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

Bismak Biyombo. Literally perfect Center to play with Harden. Can defend one against five. Just what this team needs.

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

good for him, wish him best in another uniform next year, show mercy to the good fans and people in Houston, get his lazy and stupid talent somewhere else

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If someone else can explain to me that hiring this agent means Dwight will stay in Houston, I'm ready to read it; but why hire an agent, especially someone out of the blue, if not reaching for the biggest paycheck (which I don't entirely blame him)?

Seems like he has a foot out the door, yes?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My guess is he's committed to getting the most money possible and probably ditched Fegan when the Rockets couldn't find any suitors willing to re-up Dwight at max level (Dwight blames Fegan).

I also imagine Shaq's agent had a pitch that included Shaq spearheading a positive PR campaign effective immediately.

The nature of Dwight's next contract will impact how I feel about all of this. If he takes a minor raise and winds up on a bad team I'll be upset. If he lands with a contender or makes significantly more money it's fine by me.

6. conquistador#11

all the beef was about superman, now he gets him to sign because of superman. love these kids.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dwights interested in expanding his business? I'm all for anyone getting their money but really? You just got punked by deandre Jordan I blame that Loss soley on him. He got 3 staright post ups with harden out the game turned the ball over every time that made w 11 point lead for the clips reach 19 in a matter of 1 min.

Howard is still a good player but he's so overated in what he brings to the table. He's a poor fit here and i don't really know were he would be a good fit for any team. Sure if he wanted to take 12 mil a year he's worth keeping around but anything that stops the team from getting 2 players clearly better than him? Buy superman you have not lived up to your contract or name.

We play better when he's not in the game. I guy from China has came in and been a better offensive player than howard in 5 games... Wow.

Give me Horford and KD over dwight and KD all
    Day.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is so ****ing stupid. This season can't end soon enough.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So when a desperate team with cash to burn signs Dwight to a max deal this summer, they'll get to brag that "Superman is Here!"

That'll really make people want to go to Barclays Center.

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Shaq is still getting commercials. You haven't seen IcyHot? :grin:

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Did anyone notice Shaq pouring on the love for Dwight during the TNT halftime show yesterday?

IIRC, they had just played a clip of Dwight dunking the ball and Shaq was all like "Superman's in 'da house!"

I got the feeling the rest of the TNT crew was a little stunned given Shaq's history of animosity towards Dwight for using the "Superman" nickname.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he was sarcastically doing that as a joke.

13. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

He's been ****ting on both of them a good amount this whole season.

Some of my favorite moments of Inside The NBA Rocket highlights is Shaq's commentary on Howard's post-game.

I think recently Howard totally air-balled a hook-shot that he sure looked like he put a lot of effort into. Shaq just went: "WOW".