1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The relationship between J.B. Bickerstaff and Corey Brewer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 16, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was attempting to make a joke or be friendly that's why I said just kidding. Anyway I can see you have nothing of substance to reply so I'll just take it as you agree with what I said, lol.

2. dmoneybangbang

3. Screwedup91

Screwedup91 Member

I've never seen anyone miss more layups than Brewer.

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

brewer is easily the most infuriating player we have on our roster. Why is he still getting 20+ min a game?

I'd rather see Beasley/DMO/Harrell/KJ get some of those minutes.. why can't they steal some of Brewer's minutes? It's ridiculous and sad.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

JB can bench Jones, Smith, Terry, Thornton - doesn't matter, all expiring players.

Brewer on the other hand is on a fresh 3 year deal, Morey will likely try to dump him in the off season, it would be unacceptable to let him fall out of the rotation as it would make him that much harder to trade.

Also he does have his good night's, and it seems JB likes using him when they move Ariza to the PF position to keep more length on the court.

1 person likes this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

WHY?!?!? JUST WHY!??!?! :mad:

7. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Brewer must have some of that Khloe magic sloppy wetness that he uses on JB.....only thing that makes sense.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His secret brother

9. Dream Shake 81

Double-edged Sword.

This team sucks on Transition D because of:
    - A tired James..because he's a one man offense
    - A tired Trevor.. This should be obvious.
    - Old, injury plagued supporting cast who are no longer athletic.

Corey Brewer, is the only shot the Rox have at ensuring rotations maintain the ability to keep teams from blowing them out.
    - probably has been assigned to it.
    - No, he's not scoring well.

JB needs to put him in, and for some reason doesn't believe in the young guys enough to play them more..

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Brew is a huge double edged sword . We've been hurt more than he has helped us this year . This is a direct correlation to our inability to control games and really becuase we still lack an identity.

11. Rocketeer4Life

This game is on Bickerstaff for playing Brewer too many crucial minutes.

12. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

This moron is literally killing our team with his dirty cronyism. We all know JB and Brewer are buddies, and will never cut down on his minutes. Just sickening to watch.

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Has cost us now probably a total of 15-20 games

**** JB

14. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

How the **** does Morey & les sit in there seats during games and continuously see JB & Brewer kill us and not say anything

How do the players not flip out on JB

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I doubt the Rockets really talk about the real problems. If a guy is your friend you're not really trying to push him out of rotation. But deep down you probably are hoping Leadership will do something.. they ain't.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Brewer is basically the definition of the word "frontrunner". He's ******* fantastic when his team is just overwhelming the other team, and the defense is dominant enough to overcome his gambling, and enough turnovers are being forced that Brewer can run consistently, and the half-court offense isn't really even that important because of all the transition.

But because he can't shoot and lacks fundamentals, he's a negative in a competitive game.

17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

there has to be some advanced stats to back up the atrocity that we are seeing on the floor with this dude. i mean every game i watch i am screaming to get this dude out of there. but how can JB not see it?

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yet JB keeps going to this small ball bs lineup. No reason to sit Beas or DMo in favor of this guy. He should be strictly used to backup Trevor and James if he even sees the floor at all. That's it.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Morey got played and is probably trying to dump him this offseason. Brewer and his bff jb will probably be gone

20. rockets13champs

we should have traded him for markeiff