1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets held a players-only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Im pretty sure Terry has had things to say..as has Hakeem...mchale....Murphy..

Why cant NBA players respect those names?

Yes certain coaches get more respect automatically..much like a little kid giving more respect to MJ than Moses Malone, but thats little kid logic. A group of grown men should not be having this much trouble listening to proven nba guys and coaches. It's ridiculous.

And no JB cant call out guys individually. Pulling a starting lineup is different..5 guys share the blame and its easy to say oh we just needed 5 new guys with energy. Calling one guy out is a bigger deal..any coach that does that better be prepared for said player to potentially come back at him. Could turn ugly and a rookie coach isnt winning that battle...especially if this is really about Harden. Pack your bags, JB..

2. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

JAJAJA

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Youre in denial..players themselves are acknowledging its lack of effort and focus on their part...their issue, but you still want to believe its coaching. Do you know how hard it is for players to admit it's their fault? Theyre not going to go there unless its clearly the problem and they have run out of excuses and cliche replies.

You don't seem to realize how not listening to the coach makes coaching itself harder, maybe even impossible in certain situations/plays.

#103 RV6, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Stahp it. There is no louder voice on this team than Harden. And when the loudest voice is the biggest problem, these meetings are useless. No one's gonna dare to say anything bad to Harden, or else they gonna be gone like McHale.

5. houtown

houtown Member

I do not think you understand, he just has not have had the coaching intuition at the moment. All those people you just mentioned have, or had, a connection to the organization. It is not kid logic to point out why he is a bad coach on the court, it is kid logic to not be able to judge for yourself, and have your own opinion, rather than listen to others who may praise the individual.

6. alethios

alethios Member

If only he tried harder...:p

7. neruto

neruto Member

Obviously there are bigger problems at play here than just the players' motivation.

8. houtown

houtown Member

Maybe because the way the coaches go about it is cliche, who knows in the end, we are probably not inside to know otherwise, but I stand by My assessment that it has to do with coaching. The problem it not that the coaching staff has run out of possibilities, I think they have exhausted all their cliches also, but that this coaching staff is not good enough to see what is the problem within their own staff may be on and off the court. I also still do not think I Am delusional, there are many fans who probably agree that the coaching staff plays a big part with what is going on with the team at the moment.

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm tired of seeing Ariza shoot brick after brick, let howard shoot some of those bricks.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

We're building towards brighter future. You need bricks to build stuff.

11. houtown

houtown Member

I might be in denial, or may not be in denial at the moment.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

if players fail to execute what is being put in front of them then that's not on coaching. if players fails to give effort then that's not on coaching. if players go out with their own agenda in mind then that's not on coaching. You believing this is all on coaching is just being delusional and just finding the easiest way to blame someone.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I understand what you are trying to say but as lot of these losses are the result of bad coaching decisions like last night

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets lost last night because their defense is the worst in the league. Plain and simple

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Buy-in is a responsibility of the leader. In basketball as well as business and life, you are not going to get good results if people are following instructions purely from authority based on position without buy-in.

Coaches don't make any threes. They don't block any shots. They don't lead any fast breaks. There aren't that many coaches that even give you a significant advantage in terms of x's and o's. Getting the team to play hard and disciplined - which requires buy-in - is the #1 responsibility of a head coach. If a coach whines b/c his players aren't playing hard for him, then wtf is the coach's contribution in the first place????

#115 oakdogg, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  16. houtown

houtown Member

I do not think it is all on coaching, it is part of the problem, but do not think I Am delusional for saying what I said at the moment. This is a team at the end of the day, this team just needs someone to possible shepherd them to play better as a team. So do not put something in My mouth I did not say, obviously it is not all on coaching with the team. I see the coach is possibly trying, but it seems to not have proven to provide consistent results at the moment. So chill out at the moment.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Never seen such an embarrassing rockets team before. More embarrassing than any rockets team as I have seen. This is not even a professional team in other countries.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You guys act like it's only one thing. Coaching is a huge part of it. We were only down by ten at one point the defense is not great but it was enough to win. Jb plays the same guys no matter what. You're crying about defense and not realizing that Beasley Harrell and kj who play good defense don't get playing time in favor of brewer who gambles every chance he gets that's coaching my friend.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

This is their , what ... 5-6 player's only meeting this season?

LMAO!!!

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Calvin Watkins ✔‎@calvinwatkins
    Dwight Howard said the team meeting was productive and alluded to players with own agendas and relationships.

Well there you go...not speculation anymore