1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets have won @ Portland, @ Toronto, and @ Boston in the last 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Nailed it ^^^^

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

nice jinx OP

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"Rockets have won @ Portland, @ Toronto, and @ Boston in the last 2 weeks" breaking winning streaks

Trend? Hornets next?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Amazing what happens when more than 2 or 3 guys on the team step up and play well.

Who knew?!

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I haven't legitimately watched the last couple of Rocket games. But I must admit I was wrong about Beasley. Looks like the most disappointing re-acquisition would be Josh Smith. I think he is on his way out of the league if he doesn't shape up.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Calvin WatkinsVerified account
    ‏@calvinwatkins

Rockets bench looks stunned

Beasley electric shock! lol

7. Asian Sensation

You know you've had a tough season when there's not only a thread but people are actually gloating about beating Portland, Toronto and Boston. Not exactly the murderers row of teams but we're definitely trending up. Biggest thing I've noticed is the chemistry seems much better and the guys seem like they're Gellin since getting rid of MT and TY. I love the addition of Beas on this team. He's doing everything we hoped and expected Jones to be and do.

8. Asian Sensation

I think Smith still has a lot to contribute. I'm not giving up on him ever. Wait till we get to be playoffs. Smith and Terry will be huge and have direct impacts on helping us win a game or two.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Uhhhhhhh, too bad the Rockets aren't in the east/aren't playing Portland in the playoffs, right???? Lol... First round miracle, but hey at least the west is weak this year so we can enjoy the 4-7 extra games!!! Yay, team!

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Indeed getting rid of the 3T: Thornton, Ty & TJ was key here :p seriously though, so happy some of these guys are not playing and Beasley is stepping up. Capela back to old form. Now we need to get D-Mo going, maybe more playing time for KJ over Terry as some have mentioned and maybe Josh can come to contribute like the first few games. Good days ahead!

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It was great to see how fired up Harden was when Beasley went on his little scoring run.

The announcers even said "There's Beasleys biggest fan right there" haha

But you could definitely see the wheels turning in Harden's mind that the bench hole that the starters have to dig out of won't be as large anymore hopefully

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here comes the losing streak.

13. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

And 11-1 without Lawson.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Too little, too late. We have gotten into a slight groove it seems like but that will only mean losing in 6 or 7 in the first round instead of getting swept.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And it is not a coincidence

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Makes me wonder how good the record would have been if we didn't trade for Lawson.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Imagine if instead of getting Lawson we got a useful PG who can hit shots, play defense, and play hard.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

we probably would have 5-10 more wins this season...we lost about that many games by a handfull of points trying to make Lawson.Thornton,Jones fit chemistry wise. I wanted Lawson to fit but obviously he had way too much going on recovery wise both on/off the court..hope he turns it around but at same time we look a lot better with less DEAD WEIGHT in the lineup..Smith on the bench too taking a breather out of the lineup during this win streak

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't think you've been paying attention to how well those 3 teams have been playing recently. It's not just that we beat 3 good teams -- all 3 of them have been playing well recently and we beat them all on the road. That's absolutely significant if you're looking for data points to spot a trend about this team.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

3 elite road wins in 2 weeks? It's pretty clear you're rooting against the team to justify your hate on the GARM. It must sting that Harden is carrying the team to wins.