1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Thunder traded James Harden because he partied too much during 2012 NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan0, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

People around here have already forgotten about the neverending Francis years. You people deserve another dark ages with no foreseeable end.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So they would mortgage their future because of a little partying?

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

<iframe width="1320" height="743" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KVtcp8XHhOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How do rumors get started,
    They're started by the jealous people and
    They get mad seein' somethin' they had and somebody else is holdin'...

#63 BamBam, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

OKC ownership has nobody, and I mean nobody, to blame for that but themselves. Seattle (as much as I will ALWAYS despise their franchise) was a larger market, had a loyal fan base, and would have more revenue (and profits in the owner's pockets) if they stayed.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The NBA made it hard to have 3 max players

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

So many around here seem so butt hurt that someone would say that Harden would party before a big game. Unbelievable....:rolleyes:

The fact is that yes they are a small market team so they didn't want to go into the tax to pay for a guy that has a questionable work ethnic. If he would of been a high character guy, a locker room glue guy, a leader and someone you could trust, they probably would have. But he was a guy that was talented but loved strip clubs too much.

Did we make out like bandits in the trade....? Duh... A no brainer of course. But he did have flaws and they saw it. Now "we" Rockets fans and a Rockets organization have can see them too.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love this song.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There's pictures of harden partying with Future after yesterday's loss now. At least I think it's after yesterday's loss

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All the anecdotal evidence suggests this is true. Harden is not committed to winning basketball.

DD

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can he be partying in the future? that's amazing.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, if he's not partying in the future he's partying in the pasture. ;)

#ImHereAllWeek #TryTheVeal

12. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Boul sh**! They traded him because he would leave for free agency and they would lose out on draft picks, ect. So they traded to at least get something I return. F*** the Thunder

13. DaDakota

They traded him because they had two better players than him, and didn't want to pay him the max....and also probably got tired of his partying.

It all plays into it...

DD

14. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Dudes.. I posted this thread as a joke...

Carry on.

15. DaDakota

True, but how can an org put so much $$$$ into a player and not be concerned that he is always out partying - so many pictures of him out at 5am - and yes, I know that with all the new social media this might have been going on in the 90s too...and just not reported.

But dang you don't see Curry or Lebron out at 5am so much, Harden though, is always out partying.

I just don't think he is committed like others have been and are....

Which sucks.

DD

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It's like you live under a rock where all you can do is b**** and cry about Harden and the organization.

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com...is-hosting-another-swanky-soiree-my-way-2011/

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Thunder offered him a hedckuvalotta $$$. He said, 'No.' So, now the Thunderites didn't offer him near-max $$$ because he partied-hearty?

Presti has been thrashed over this deal so let's now rewrite history to paint a new prettier pic for Sammy.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

We're talking about the Harden that carried us to 56 wins last year, correct? The same one that carried us to the Playoffs in his first year? The SAME GUY that is averaging 31/7/7/2 over his last 6 weeks?

Your narrative is lazy and tired, DD. Lebron may not party, but the dude is a baby in his own right and seems to be driving Kyrie and Love out of Cleveland. Yet we sit here and harp on the only reason we aren't a Top 5 Lotto team. Sure sure, DD!

Just an FYI: I've seen DMo out during the regular season a LOT more over the years than I have Harden. People just don't post about a guy who can neither stay healthy nor hit wide open shots or grab a freaking rebound.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

1 person likes this.
  20. DaDakota

You guys keep on being Ostriches and burying your head in the sand because you don't want to believe the truth, that Harden has a problem with partying and not being committed to the little things that create an all time great.

He has a choice, he can be a better JR Rider or the next Kobe/Jordan - right now it is the former...

Ignore all the pics of him looking drunk or high posted after 3am - Ignore all the crap games he has that are soon followed by those pics.

I won't because I saw alcohol destroy Steve Francis career, and I watched my beloved team lose 3 key guys in Lucas, Lloyd and Wiggins to drugs back in the day.

I don't want that to happen to Harden - but he needs to be more dedicated to his craft, IMO.

DD