1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Walter Football] If available, Texans will pick Elliott

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 1, 2016.

1. sambotollsky

sambotollsky New Member

Let's go out and get us Derrick Henry. Get us a nice strong back who we can develop into a good pocket protector and North/South runner.

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I know I'm in the vast MINORITY with this one, but Ezekiel Elliott just doesn't excite me as a Arian Foster replacement. ESPECIALLY not in the 1st round. Could he be a good player; of course, but he seems to me to be a guy who just runs and takes what the defense gives him. He doesn't really have the shiftiness that Arian had, or the true power that a Marshawn or Adrian Peterson had/has.

I wouldn't mind us getting him, but he's a lot more Melvin Gordon, than he is Todd Gurley (just using recent references for expectations sake). If he turns out to be a Houston Texan and perform big, I'd love to be wrong, but with all the "mock drafts" that have us getting him (in the 1st round no less), It's just not something that I'm excited about.

3. orosiriley

orosiriley Member

If Goff, Wentz, Lynch and Elliott are taken before Houston picks, then I believe they go defensive line or wide receiver (Doctson). I would really like to have Billings replace Wilfork to one day.
    Texans have a good reason to trade up in the first round if one of the 4 above are available.

4. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Rotoworld says the Texans are actively negotiating a contract with Lamar Miller. Elliott won't be a Texan.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every indication is that he won't be available when they pick anyway.

Last year it was all, "Texans are going to take Todd Gurley" right up until about this point, at which it became clear that he was going sooner, as well.

6. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

I'm in the minority here, but I have advocated they draft only DL/WR in the first 2 rounds, signing a FA RB and QB and maybe drafting a college QB Rd 3. I know it's what they always do but I believe first-round picks are going to increasingly be defensive front-seven players since these are specimens that can be measured and projected with confidence.

7. orosiriley

orosiriley Member

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

doubt this will be happening now

9. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Giants a big favorite for Elliott now that they addressed their D in FA.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rather have Jason Spriggs at RT

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

over Jalen Ramsey? Are you serious?

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You talking first round? Can he play safety too becuz I don't see the Texans needing another cornerback that high

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lol. Yes he can play safety. Played some at FSU. I Thought everyone knew that. Even if he didn't, he is arguably the best prospect in the draft.

14. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Lance Z has Eagles taking Elliott at 8. I continue to believe the Texans strategy became based in part on not believing Elliott would be there at 22.

15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

He'd be our #1 CB by next season... but yeah, he can play safety. 6'1, 200+ lbs, was the starting CB during Freshman and Sophomore year, then switched to safety last season and was one of the best in the country. Ramsey is the type of guy you just want on the field... position be damned.

Well, unless he's playing Greg Ward, Jr. and the COOOOOOOGS! :cool::grin: