1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FX] The People vs. OJ Simpson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Feb 2, 2016.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's not like it would have mattered if they had presented the knife as evidence at the trial anyway.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's literally nothing that would have gotten the jury to convict OJ. He could have confessed to the whole thing during the middle of the trial and they'd have voted to acquit.

3. nono

nono Member

OJ got what was coming to him in the end anyways. He's been in jail since 2008. He's so dumb. Managed to first beat the system and then still wound up in jail through his low iq.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i love that 'theresthedagger' is posting this story...transcendent!

i call b.s. on this whole thing. the timing of it is suspicious as hell, right as this tv show is on. the idea that a construction worker would give it to a cop who would keep it for 18 years and neither of them ever bothered to mention it? shouldnt the cop be charged with tampering or withholding evidence or something?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

the knife. Awesome.

I'm ready for another trial. Bring it.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There is none on murder.

But, maybe that's not what you're talking about?...

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Double jeopardy, won't matter. He's where he belongs anyway, locked up.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I am pretty sure double jeopardy would be waived in a case of this magnitude, especially with a murder weapon. They would find a way to get around it.

All that said, with him sitting in jail for 33 years, there's really no reason to open a trial. He'll be too old to matter without parole.

And I seriously doubt that knife is the real deal. It is unusual for a knife to be buried, but seems like the police would have found a knife buried on short notice when searching the compound. I mean they checked the entire airport. They could not possibly miss a knife at a crime scene. Buried or not.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Fifth Amendment is "magnitudes" more important than any individual case.

They won't "get around" it.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

The 5th amendment makes it Federal right, they'd get around it.

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

yeah and didn't they spend a buttload of money searching for the murder weapon? but some construction worker just stumbles upon it. also the retired cop didn't turn it in right away so who knows what happened with it. of course the LAPD mishandles possible evidence once again lol

13. cocoadough

cocoadough Member

Great show so far. I wonder how deep they're going to go as portraying Mark Furhman as the vile white supremacist he was/is..

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Fuhrman pleads the 5th to planting evidence and falsifying reports. Absolutely Brutal.

15. TheresTheDagger

"*******, who turned her into Rick James?"

I lol'd.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If the mission was to get us to feel bad for Marcia Clark, mission accomplished. What a brutal episode for Marcia. Happy Women's Day!

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really great episode last night.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

It's really messed up her ex went to the media, but I kind of agree with him. If she's too busy to take care of her kids and have to hire babysitters all the time, why not let their father take care of them for a while?

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

yeah i literally laughed out loud at that line.

did anyone else google "Marcia Clark naked" after the show? Not bad :grin:. i wonder how she made it through the trial? the media and everybody were so brutal to her. Here is the actual Bailey/Furman n-word scene from the trial. Pretty much word for word

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P3d4xgvAdC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wow, they nailed that scene.