1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets with the Deep Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you are building a team around 3pt shooting, it would BEHOOVE you to get some 3pt shooters.

DD

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Last year, both Harden and Ariza shot higher than their respective career averages. Maybe this season is the law of average adjusting the percentages.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's going to be realllly interesting to see who is on this team by the start of next season and by next seasons' trading deadline. By the trading deadline of next year this team could could go so many different ways. The GM, coach, and Harden could all be gone by that point.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What's worse than these guys missing all their threes is they aren't playing defense. That's the alternative to settling for a ok three point shooter is you balance the settlement of that with that guy playing good defense but since their not we might as well get great shooters that we do know that suck on defense... we not playing defense anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Need a real coach that holds player accountable....JVG or THIBS please.

DD

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Good analysis, but as opposed to meaning we move the ball well or have good offensive sets, it may mean teams are leaving our shooters open until they can show they will hit open shots. This allows them to pack the paint for Harden drives, hoping he will be forced to either turn over the ball or pass it with 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This team needs a heart transplant. To me they as a collective group just don't care. You should be upset with losses. Not just take a ho hum attitude. I don't know if any one player or coach is to blame. We'll take that back. We do need a real coach. But as for the players. There is a TON of blame to go around. Harden has zero hunger I can see. Sure he gets his stats but are they impactful? D12 has the shooting touch of a baboon. Beverly has declined on defense for no reason I can see. Jones. Well he is Jones. Ariza is a professional but is seriously limited talent wise. Brewer should apologize for taking the organizations money and turning in to a player half of fonde rec center could school. Capella has hit the wall like a bug on a windshield. DMO. Verdict still out on him. But he at least seems to work. Terry doesn't have much left in the tank. Lawson. Jesus.

If Morey isn't in his office looking in the mirror wondering how this turned in to such a train wreck then he is part of the problem as well. Even Les. To hell with the edict NO TANKING. This year at this point that's the "flexibility" based move. You are not going to win in the first round if you or 7 or 8. Hell. They probably don't even win a game if it's against the Warriors and only one if they are lucky against the Spurs. Tank and get a pick at least. There is clearly a problem when a fan of 30 freaking years turns down free tickets to a game in a suite. That's how disinterested in watching this uninspired wet fart this team has become. How the hell do you go from that game six comeback and high to this? Seriously. How do you let this happen to yourself rockets? You're getting pants'd in front of the world and you are going to just keep walking with them around your ankles? Pull them back up and have some damn pride you a**holes. How many people would love to have your job?!?!

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with your statement that I was replying to.

You said that "The Rockets shoot contested shots most of the time". That's a gross exaggeration and that's what I was replying to.

9. aelliott

I was simply refuting the statement that most of our 3s are contested. That's just another CF.Net assumption that has no basis in fact.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I agree, the numbers highlight how bad our shooting is.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Our 3pt shooting in a nutshell

[​IMG]

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW THAT BURNS! :eek:
    [​IMG]

13. aelliott

Well the Warriors went 4-30 from behind the arc today in their loss to the Lakers. It may be a thriller.

14. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

LOL. When you have JSmoove and Brewer volunteering to jack those 3s your team will always be the top among uncontested 3s.

15. aelliott

That's not the point. The statement was made that most of our 3 pointers were contested and that isn't close to being true. That was the point of my response.

Way too many posts nowadays that are completely inaccurate but are quoted as fact.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've been complaining for years ,been called old school. Problem is, their offense its hard. Its jard to rely on a ball dominant guy to dribble the air out then kick.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If we get hot during the playoffs, we'll forget about the woes from the yesterdays gone.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

How on earth does volume of 3 point shots invalidate the % of 3 point shots that are open?

you have a point, but I think most would argue that a player shooting good or bad shots is already factored into their made %. This means exactly what you responded to. We are getting good shots, we just aren't making them.