1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Man, I do love Damien Lillard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Feb 20, 2016.

1. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

He is a fake. Cornerstone Harden and the rest of Houston assets will show them who's momma after tonight!

2. omgTHEpotential

I would take Damian Lillard over Harden, but not over Curry. Sure, Lillard could be smaller & not as strong as Harden and whatever, but there exists a much more important quality than those - mental strength and work ethic. Something Harden is pretty poor at, apparently.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

At least you tried.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So uh, cool game tonight.

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Hold this L OP.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blazers fans whining about how lazy/lackadasical Lillard was tonight on their boards

7. i3artow i3aller

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

please stick to DMO only news. This is tiring for you.

9. RESINator

RESINator Member

all star snub

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

JVG says switch him and Curry and you get the same result?

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Lillard impresses me more than Curry. Curry is a way better shooter, but Lillard can drive and doesn't avoid contact. He flops, that's for sure, but if he learns a lick of defense he will be a better guard than Curry. With that said, Lillard cannot fit in a GSW type of system. I don't see a flip and fit in this case. He would still shine, just not as bright. Who knows, maybe with those illegal screens Lillard might adjust his game a bit and the fit will be induced.

12. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Oh wait sorry.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

Lillard is way better than Curry when it counts in the Playoff

14. Harden's beard

way too much fawning over a guy who is shooting 38% in the playoffs. Lillard was not very effective in the 1st round against LAC, and completely got out-classed by Chris Paul before he got injured. Make no mistake, Portland has numerous young, talented players who are/were under-utilized and that's why they can still pull out a win even when Lillard has an off-game, unlike Houston. I know media likes to portray it as though Lillard is carrying them, but their starting 5 is actually pretty solid IMO. I'm especially impressed by how good Plumlee and Aminu is.

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

If I could shake off that Lillard dagger two years ago, he would be one of my favorite player next to Curry. Unfortunately, I can't shake that off every time I see his face. I'll just admire and hate at the same time.

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

In a non-Curry/Thompson era, Lillard would be given more recognition as one of the 3-point shooters in the league. If he can up his efficiency, he'll be considered among the elite players in the league, but I think he has a stigma of high volume scorer. But he's young enough to make another leap into that level.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Anybody in this thread mentioning that he makes an effort to try to bond with his teammates. He gets them together to hangout with.. Dunno why Aldridge would leave such a situation.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Who could resist hanging out with Duncan at karaoke bars every weekend?