1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, Feb 23, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. Playoffs, no first round draft pick

44.5%
  2. No playoffs, first round draft pick

55.5%
  1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Save the embarassment

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Two things. First, we are not winning a playoff series against Golden State. Put down the crackpipe. Secondly, wouldn't missing the playoffs increase the likelihood of offseason changes in the staff and roster than sneaking in as the 7th or 8th seed? Never underestimate Les Alexander's ability to delude himself.

3. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Batum went to the Hornet and they didnt make the playoffs. I think he took less money and went to a team with very little playoff success.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Mentioned it previously, but if, with 10 games left, it looks like we won't be able to achieve 5th or 6th seed, then I'd say rest Harden/Howard, and roll with KJ/Capela, hopefully keeping our pick. This isn't 2013 where we were just hoping to get some experience for a young team - playing SAS or GSW in RD1 won't benefit our future.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

batum was traded there not signed.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why you're even talking about seeds that high when they can't even hold 8th the way its looking

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No point. Most years we spent near the 8th seed I argues the playoff experience was worth it for youngsters. This time we're among the top 7 oldest teams in the league IIRC.

Let Harrell, McDaniels, Dekker, Capela play as much as possible. It's all about next season.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really do not want to see us get clowned on national TV 4 straight times. Really don't want to see that.

9. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I stand corrected then. He was going into his final year of contract.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. For better or worse Moreys plan is to go through the star in free agency route. And for that its better the team at least to make the playoffs instead of tanking.
    Its not like we will be the only ones going after Durant Horford Conley etc.

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thats why we will most likely round out our roster with two of Horford, Barnes, Batum or Conley.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Play to win, period.

Besides, this draft will suck after top 7. And Morey loves 2nd round anyway.

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I would rather we go to the playoffs, get murdered, and come back with a vengeance next year. Really get a chip on that should about a pitiful playoff run to fuel that fire. Would like to see Harden learn from this and rise above.

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Playoffs?

Don't talk about playoffs!

Playoffs? Really?

We are just trying to win a game

15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Hence my point that if the recent status quo is maintained, we should effectively tank ourselves to better draft position. I think we can all agree that nobody wants to see us get swept by GSW/SAS.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Learn from what? another playoff loss. hes had plenty of experience with that. more than enough actually. At this point its not about a chip. Its whether or not he truly wants to be a great player or not or just settle for being good, win some games and be happy.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

never been a fan of "tanking". I see no worth in it. Most of the teams that are supposedly doing this really do suck so they would be losing regardless of being labeled as doing so or not.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Totally don't care. Moving the pick a couple of spots won't materially matter. Competing in the playoffs won't materially matter. Are free agents really going to consider a stint on our dysfunctional team just because it's a playoff team? No. Anyone of consequence will only consider the Rockets if they've made some significant change to fix the dysfunction. And once they do that, they won't be the team that made it to the playoffs. If they can somehow pull themselves up by their bootstraps and find their mojo again, that will matter for the longterm health of the club. But, qualifying for -- or missing -- the playoffs won't.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If this team loses the next 4 to 6 games then I'm all for shutting down Harden and Howard for the season to position for the draft. Wouldn't mind watching Harrel and Decker run up and down the court. Get a good recruiting coach in the off season and someone that can change Harden for the better.

20. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

I'm all for missing the playoffs, so we can keep our pick from going to Denver!