1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to T-Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i like Jones

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

He is 6 9 but plays like he's 5 9. Pump faking and can't drive straight to the basket without turning it over.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Please don't encourage & Jopat. Look... Jopat made a PREDICTION in November or 2013 or whenever that Jones AND DMO should be traded because they weren't in the rotation. He went on to backtrack on DMO, and held fast on his campaign against Jones.

That's it.... But he takes his predictions, and modulates his arguments to fit modern issues with the team he can relate back to his cause.

Look.... NOBODY was saying that Jones was going to be the next James Worthy.... NOBODY. There was no argument that he wasn't "Just Another Player". The only argument was that he shouldn't be traded away for nothing, and cast off the team like a leper. However Jopat and Bobby had to use this sentiment to argue against because that's all they had to confirm their bias. THEY NEEDED "Jones Only Fans" to exist to create an opposition to hold themselves up against to make them look smart.

The real truth is, this year the team could have really used BOTH or either a healthy D-Mo, or the good version of TJones to perform consistently that happens to show up once in a blue moon when he doesn't have staff infection from an ingrown toenail or whatever crazy ailment that he comes up with.

The best way to get production from a certain position, and role on a team is to first look at the talent you have on the roster, and for what the Rockets needed from both guys, I thought they both had the talent to do so, and you are always better off if your guys already on the roster can perform rather than having to deal to look elsewhere. I hold steady on that sentiment.

The original argument was essential that we didn't need them, and someone like Casspi or trading for Ilyasova was a better option for the team. I disgreed then, and I still disagree now. The Rockets needed BOTH D-Mo & Jones to perform, but in the end BOTH of them did not consistently THIS YEAR. Nobody could have predicted that they would not have. It was always a gamble on two young players to produce, and I would have gladly taken the gamble any day of the week on two players that talented in their 2nd years of their careers.

In the end it looks like (although the book isn't finished) the Rockets didn't get what they needed from both Jones & D-Mo. The Rockets felt some pain in the short term they could have avoided if they kept the safer Patrick Patterson, but this is obviously a GM that is willing to take a chance every once in awhile on some young guys with upside.

Here's hoping we have better results on Harrell & Dekker. I'm sure there are nutcases out there like BBHollic & Bobby that are willing to place a bet now that Harrell & Dekker are garbage and the Rockets would be better with Channing Frye or whoever will be out there in the offseason when the Rockets are stuck either gambling on Harrell/Dekker/whoever or pursuing another option out there, and we will rinse and repeat this stupid argument with the new set of young players.

(let's all hope we are wrong and Jones has a great last couple months to the season, or D-Mo's trade gets rescinded and he lights it up for us in the stretch run. We all know but wont all admit that the Houston Rockets really need those guys)

#23 dobro1229, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's clearly way worse than he was last season, dude turned into a scrub, guess all the injuries are making him play scared out there.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Jones has off the court issues.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

True. .he play like Ty Lawson

7. alethios

alethios Member

He also has on the court issues.

1 person likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I've never seen a player regress like Jones has. He just looks afraid

9. RedHotRockets01

T. Jones, like him or not, is a liability on the court. L.A. tore him a new one in the playoffs 2 years ago. He's just not very good! I don't know if its a fundamental thing, but the dude does not belong on an NBA court for a team with championship aspirations (Despite this disaster off a season, those were the goals going into training camp). We really need to quit w/ the bull***** and find a PF worth a damn!

10. Nook

Nook Member

What happened to Jones?

Answer: Don't care.

What do I care about?

What WILL happen to Jones.

He won't be a Rocket and I won't have to worry about him playing forward for the Rocketd ever again.

THE END.

11. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

haha so any player that gets destroyed by aldridge deserves the terrence jones treatment? i never said jones is an incredible aldridge stopper. hes a solid guy off the bench who doesnt deserve to be get such a disproportionate amount of hate and blame. he is absolutely not the reason the rockets are so mediocre this year.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He is a big part of it, because he is abysmal defensively. Worst defensive player on the team, and for a PF that is incomprehensible. His overall on/off rating has him as the worst PF in the NBA,comfortably. He's been that level of bad.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/RPM/position/6

D-mo who is just an average to above average defender, but he looks like a lock down monster because Jones is so freaking terrible.

13. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

alright so we have a great team but jones is holding them back

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

No coaching is holding us back.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, Jones isn't holding them back, but he's not helping them either because hes terrible at basketball. That's all anyone is saying.

16. basketballholic

Terrence got doughdoughed.......er dobro'd.

#36 basketballholic, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

He was at practice today.