1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets/Pistons/Sixers trade to be voided

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 22, 2016.

1. Specnaz

Specnaz Member

Why do you always spewing hate always something is wrong with you doesn't matter who or what your opinion is always negative...

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today, Rockets essentially traded DET's 1st rd pick (top-8 protected) &amp; ~$10M cash in exchange for Motiejunas, Thornton &amp; DEN's 2017 2nd rdr</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/701875355192135681">February 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This.

A primary reason for the Rockets moving him had to be because of free agency.

Donatas has a 6 million dollar cap hold this Summer that will be held on until the Rockets renounce him, or his cap hold increases when a team puts an offer that I'm assuming will be higher than 6 mil per for which the Rockets will have several days to match while that cap hold is in play.

So if they Rockets are really searching out not 1 but TWO max players, D-Mo's cap hold will be crucial to have off the books if those two players that are on the market are more critical for the Rockets at that point.

That being said, today's situation has to effect his free agency this Summer, and it should especially effect Detroit's pursuit which was probably the primary team that was looking to overpay on day 1 of free agency and screw up Morey's big plans. If the Rockets can move some other contracts around such as Brewer, Bev, or even KJ, and renounce Jones they should be able to make moves, and match as D-Mo will likely sit in free agency for some time you have to think.

#323 dobro1229, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LOL MORLEY!!!

5. malakas

malakas Member

You won't be happy for long.

So who will get bought out to get us under the lux tax?

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Can dd and Bobby stop b****ing like women now?

7. rockets13champs

Clutch City 3 baby!! I still got hopes for 5th seed and one series win

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Now its your turn. :grin::p;)

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sure, but who cares about that? We are fans of the TEAM and winning is more important than any of that stuff.

JUST WIN GAMES - put the most talent on the floor, I doubt most fans care about how much money Les makes.

DD

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Precisely.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Anybody got any scoop on how the medical evaluations differ? What his condition really is and the prognosis?

I for one, really enjoy watching DMo play, I'm going to hope he gets healthy enough to play the last 10 games and be a contributor in the playoffs until I know better.

I don't really care at all about the luxury tax, billionaires aren't materially effected, though a repeater tax status does effect the ability to structure a team.

I did want to see KJ get minutes, don't know if Thorton effects that.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Putting the most talent on the floor to win games will mean renouncing DMo this summer. Be prepared.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OK, fine. But other than using facts and logic, you have nothing to support you.

1 person likes this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

If DMO is back, my guess is he will waived.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It might, or it might mean he signs a QO to prove he is healthy....

If he can play I still think he is better than Star screwing.

DD

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Les isn't paying that $10M tax. It will continue to be a big drama show until it's revealed who will be bought out.

[​IMG]

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Now all the Rockets need to do is get to a 6th seed and then championship!!

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

:mad:

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm sure DD's assumptions will be that Morey strikes out (which he very well might), and preemptively will blame Morey for future events that haven't happened yet.

For the record I do think its highly unlikely that two (legit) max player actually agree to come to Houston to form a big 3 so I wouldn't write off D-Mo just yet because it now can be a last minute decision.

I don't feel like digging through the CBAFAQ so if anyone knows off the top of their head is that true that the Rockets can renounce his cap hold up until the free agency moratorium is over?

That way if they strike out they can still match if the timing works out.

20. malakas

malakas Member

why would DMO sign the QO? The QO is for players who are banking on staying injury free to usually leave teams or recuperate value.

Dmo has serious health concerns. There's not way he takes his qo. Even a 2 year contract at 4 per is better for him.