1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm pissed! I hate this trade with a passion.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Too bad Billy King is not our GM, otherwise it will be much more easier for the fans here to use the race card.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Morey does ok in the 2nd round, but his 1st round drafting history is spotty at best. Even Capela who was looking like a steal doesn't seem so great anymore.

4. Victorious

Victorious Member

man this sucks. i followed dmo when he just a teen overseas. when he became a rocket, I was so happy. always felt he would eventually become that stretch 4. going to miss the guy

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

ClutchFans KKK division mad that the Great White Hope is gone. But his back is worse than Dwights and we might be able to make something of the pick. Decent deal, hopefully more to come

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If we couldve had the 8th pick...we couldve had Winslow or Stanley...whyyyyyyyyyy

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Started to feel this trade makes sense given Dmo's back and Rocket's short term landscape. People are measuring Dmo's value without factoring in the severity of that back issue. That 1st is just too valuable in future trade market (next year top 10 protected if Det slips to top 8 pick this year).

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Omg.... This season is getting worse and worse. I think the odds are we'll look back at this and say "wtf".

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

THis.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm officially off the mauri wagon. Unless DMo's career is pretty much over with consistent injuries going forward, this trade kind of sucks. I don't believe in mauri being able to pull incredible trades in the future anymore.

Either mauri knows something about DMo that we don't, or he has a bigger plan, which IMO will fail again. Fail to get a star player to complement our star and the chemistry is still in the toilet.

Might just be me being a Dmo homer, but I think mauri could have traded someone else, anyone else, to get the same pieces we got.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Folks let's not get carried away with negativity here. After all, Morey did fleece the Wolves in the original trade that got us Motiejunas and Parsons in exchange for a washed-up Brad Miller. Fans are fickle on this board. Keep forgetting their own history. If Morey can create something from nothing. He deserves to do whatever the hell he wants with it. I have no objections.

1 person likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets Sad Day.

13. onreego

onreego Member

DD on suicide watch?

Snow Villers and other DMOF appreciation thread?

On a serious note, I liked DMo but his back must be worst than we thought.

14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

People or so stuck on Players it's ridiculous... It's easier to trade a pick than a player.. and we got some value for DMo who stays injured.. How has he help us going into free agency? Boy Bye! I love this trade.. now we got some ammo!

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's funny people believe KD would leave OKC to sign w/ this train wreck of a team/front office when he could go to GS as well.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lets hurry the hell up and get the other details on this trade

17. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Morey better flip this trade into something else because his drafting is deplorable, it makes even less sense when the draft isn't even as loaded. Morey & his 4 chins better have a plan or else this was ****ing pathetic, take the first offer you get like a maroon type ****.

18. Rocket_Man_2.0

Nooooo! Not DMo!!:mad::mad::mad:

19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

How is our tax situation after this trade?

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

True, worse than LOFs.