1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thornton...was the team's quickest trigger...

The Rockets really are quickly entering tank mode.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree the Dmo hype was out of hand, but you're not being fair here. The blow to Dmo is probably regarding the severity of his injury, something we as fans can only speculate about.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He still was the best PF we had on the roster, this is an awful deal unless something else big happens as a result. They sold REALLY low.

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

FUCB this. Heartbroken. Fav player on the team gone. Eff you Morey

5. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

guessing dmos back is no good. Why give up Dmo when he is the better player out of tjones and him

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Salary match? I don't know. This trade reeks of dumping guys who the Rockets don't plan to commit to this summer(which is understandable) in exchange for assets(the protected first rounder).

7. Garner

Garner Member

This is determined by what the teams agreed upon. It could be top 8 protected for 3 years and the convert into second rounders.

It could be top 8 protected this year, top 3 protected next year, etc.

Its all part of the negotiation process.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Either D-Mo's back is shot and Morey is giving up on him, or he is buying a lottery ticket that the Pistons falter and that ends up being a top 10 pick (very unlikely). Right now I count about 8 teams that are sure-fire to be worse than Detroit, and probalby as many as 11. If they make the playoffs of course even worse value.

This makes me sad. D-Mo looked so good during the middle of last season.

9. Ranny

Ranny Member

That pick is going somewhere else in a bigger trade, this doesnt make any sense otherwise

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Better return than what Utah got for Kanter, and what OKC got for Jackson -- RFAs traded last year.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/700371414109573122">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Top-8 isn't bad.

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Disappointed. This is the best we can get for DMO? We lose one of the only guys who can shoot the ball worth a damn, and the only guy besides Harden that we were able to just give the ball to down low when we needed a basket. For Joel Anthony and a pick?????? This has to be a setup. I'll let it play out, but I'm seriously questioning Morey at this point. I mean, this basically says that we pick Jones over Motiejunas, which is flatly stupid.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

On the surface though, it's a headscratcher. Morey should be ADDING shooters to the team and we lose Thornton? Great, this means even more Corey Brewer time.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Didn't snow villers who supposedly was an "insider" say " DMO is not included in any deals" Only Jones?

This trade sux. This draft is godawful and the pick will likely be out of the lottery.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know how anyone can argue against this?

DMo as the saviour meme is fun, but obviously not true.

Marcus Thorton was a sparkplug offensively for this team... even though he was so bad defensively. It'll be curious to see who gets those minutes.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I don't know man, I really liked Dmos game. He has huge upside, maybe his injury scared Dmorey? i don't know but so far I don't like it.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Morey plays chess, not checkers, this has got to be deeper. It has to be.

If I keep telling myself that, it'll happen right?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I told you guys, the Rockets always wait til the last minute and make some ass backwards move that won't help. This time they really stuck it to us.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is exactly how I feel. Two guys that made us a little less hard to watch

20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Dmo is gonna tear it up for SVG, Morey really ****ed up. Fire his ass if there isn't a bigger deal behind this.