1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wedding Venues in Greater Houston Area

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RunninRaven, Feb 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was looking at them this morning. I've been there before but for some reason my memory is their facilities are kind of on the small side. But maybe I didn't go to the right building.

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Petroleum club is pretty sweet. We almost had ours there before we settled on the bell tower.

3. cocoadough

cocoadough Member

Congrats man. I'm engaged myself and we're getting married at Noah's in Katy. Pretty good price and you can bring in any vendors you like

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

$5k? Maybe look at something like doing a cruise wedding?

I think Carnival has everything for ~$3k.

5. Nero

Nero Member

Two things:

First, if your budget is around 5k, then you might want to take a look at the Renaissance Festival. They do weddings, and it's definitely a memorable experience compared to the standard vanilla 'traditional' wedding.. I mean, horse-drawn carriage for the bride and mother-of-the-bride, Pope-dude to officiate, outdoor vine-covered chapel, costumes, it's much more of an 'experience' type wedding, but surprisingly inexpensive. I was married there in '98 and the whole thing was around 3k.. I would imagine it's around 5k by now, but I don't know for sure. Possibly worth checking out, if you are interested in inexpensive-but-memorable.

Sadly that marriage failed to last, and I am getting married for the 2nd time next year, and the venue we have found to be by far the best value is a place called The Pelazzio on Westheimer. Give them a look. heck, go look at half a dozen other places, then go look at Pelazzio, or look at them first, doesn't matter.

Everything we have looked at, for a party of around 100, was anywhere from 13k and up. A few places crept down to about 8500, but Pelazzio blew them all away, because EVERYTHING is included except the clothes you wear. Limo, photographer, cake, food, 8 hours of time, two separate rooms, 1 for the service, the other for the reception, DJ included, tons of linens and accessories available.. for several thousands less than the average we had seen. Again, at least worth a look.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

7. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

So just as an update...as many of you in here probably guessed would happen, my budget for this wedding has increased. :grin:

But not as much as you might think. There's a place in Baytown called Bridge Water Events that has very reasonable prices and seems to be nice (at least on the inside, outside looks pretty plain). I'm going to talk to them tomorrow but if everything looks good then I think I can get by with a budget of around $6-7k.

8. Nero

Nero Member

Seriously, if that is your budget, don't stop looking until you have checked out the Pelazzio.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I agree with people to not overspend. I did mine at Hotel Sorella at City Centre. It ended up costing a small fortune. Feeding 400 ppl (Fadi's), decorations, wedding cake, etc .. What a waste of money in hindsight. The crazy part? That was just our reception. I really got married in Toronto. Lol.

10. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

The only issue I have with the Pelazzio is they are literally an hour away from the church where we will be married (without traffic). I don't mind people having to drive a little but that's really too far and it is important to us that we get married in our church.

11. Nero

Nero Member

Ahh, so you are looking only for reception locations, that makes a difference. We are going to use the same location for both the ceremony and the reception.

Congrats and good luck :)

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Get married at El Torro.