1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. rocketsgame

rocketsgame New Member

#3361 rocketsgame, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
  2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Not if we are throwing Ariza to the Clips as well, and taking back their 'bad cash' in Stephenson, and also possible saving the Cavs $$ by taking Mozgov (and giving them a young PF talent - Motie or Harrell?)

There is a world in which it is mildly conceivable. But LAX would be completely insane to trade Griffin.

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Apparently Griffin is legit up for sale.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well if we can convince the Cavs to give up Love for Dwight + DMo, then I would give the Clippers pretty much anything else we have (except Harden) to get Griffin.

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Griffin Harden Durant... I'll take it morey.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Korver is old and done, pass.

7. chasingu

chasingu Member

There's no way, my friend.

Both Scott and Safolosha are important for Atlanta, why will they trade out a starting PG who was an All-Star last year and two key rotation players for a slumping, and never wanted because they have Schroder ready to go, Lawson and a young player who has an unpredictable future?

This trade doesn't work for Atlanta, and also for Houston. Teague, a ball handler with poor 3 point ability, doesn't fit in with Harden.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...e_in_trade_market_isaiah_does_some_recruiting
    [​IMG]

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Jimmer Fredette - career 38% from 3PT shoots the lights out in
    D League All Star game (yes, it's only an All-Star game, no real defense)
    Record 35 pts. Almost all of them from 3.

But, you STILL have to make those shots. These weren't gimmes.
    Some were well outside of the arc in "Jimmer range"
    Many on the break (Rockets style) and several catch & shoot (Rockets style)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbBkCIpv8dI

What team shoots the most 3's in the NBA?
    We all know that answer.

We could probably pick him up for a bag of chips.

Certainly worth a shot

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Exactly. Blake, even with his warts, is still probably a top 10 player.

If the offer is on the table you do it and then figure out the rest (supporting cast, finding a new C, pursuing Durant, etc) later.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I definitely wouldn't mind if the Rockets went all Offense for this season (As I think they should).

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Beverley/kj to Memphis for Lee/chalmers/2nd

They get some Conley insurance in bev on a very friendly contract and he fits what there mold of players. They also get a look at a young wing on a friendly contract.

We would be getting help on the perimeter and shedding salary while gaining flexibility since both players are expiring. Also gain a 2nd just to have the extra asset.

I think Chalmers would work well with Harden. He worked very well with Wade and LeBron and Lee gives us an upgraded defense along with added chemistry with Dwight.

Thoughts?

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I like it. They just traded for Chalmers, though. I don't think they're looking to dump him quite yet unless there is a fire sale about to take place in Memphis due to Gasol's foot

1 person likes this.
  14. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

I agree there is no way Atlanta does that but you do realize Teague is shooting 41% from 3 right? He is a great 3 point shooter.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah but they acquired him with hopes of competing for a ship. Now he's just an expiring and they have to start thinking replacement for Conley if he walks. Bev is locked in on a quality contact and fits their defensive mentality. I don't see that holding up the deal. Only thing I see possibly being a snag is the 2nd rd pick and it's not that important imo and the deal could be done with out it.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

And you this for what? A mediocre 2nd round pick? Or you just like to take the risk to overpay Lee (which we don't need) this summer? You don't have to do a trade just for the sake of do a trade, no move is better than a bad one.

17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Miami doesn't want to pay Whiteside, right? Thats why they want to get rid of him before the trade deadline, or so I've read. If that's true, Whiteside becomes a free agent. There's your center. Complete bonehead but where are all the good Centers at that are available? There just arent any. Whiteside provides a defensive stopper and can finish the lob.

Obviously a biased video since it is highlights:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWXfJDmGek

What i like about him, he has a very swift block. He can go from hands down to swatting very quickly. He has a good 'just put the ball in the hoop' mentality. He is FAR from fancy about how he makes that happen. I mean some of his layups are nasty. Some of his shots are like shotput nasty. But he gets the ball in the bucket and thats all we ask for. He has a phenomenal +17 net rating. EIGHTY PERCENT AT THE RIM. (80.6%)

The bad:
    Has a bad attitude.
    Still raw.
    The Heat is a good organization and they do not want to pay him, so they must see flaws.
    He will ask for a max.
    Playstyle doesnt age well.

The good:
    Great finisher.
    Great at blocks.
    Still young, larger window.
    If we trade Howard he should fit right in. (I hope we dont trade Howard btw)
    His max isn't a super max.

18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/699249135980044288?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I want to see if we could somehow get Gallinari and Winslow in a 3 team trade.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the one hand, that's ridiculous for the Nuggets to even consider.

On the other hand, Blake is still far and away the best player in that deal, the Nuggets aren't going anywhere, and Blake + Mudiay in the next 5 years would be interesting.

But I think Jokic is too much. The Nuggets and Malone love him.

21. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member